Financial Reporting Analyst Senior (Remote Work Location Available)
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of Job We are seeking a hardworking and talented
Financial Reporting Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX facility
or Charlotte, NC facility. This individual may also work remotely
in 100% remote work environment.
Serves as key contributor in preparation and delivery of financial
statements and regulatory reports and analysis used by internal and
external stakeholders to meet regulatory and compliance reporting
requirements. Proven ability to perform appropriate research,
prepare and review complex financial and regulatory reports, solve
problems and completes significant business and operational
analytics while adhering to internal controls over financial
reporting. Supports audits and examinations and interacts
frequently with internal and external auditors and regulatory
examiners. Job Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. USAA Careers -
World Class Benefits (31 seconds) Primary Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Develops and implements processes to facilitate the end-to-end
delivery of complex financial and regulatory reporting to include
Bank Holding Company reporting, Enterprise GAAP reporting, P&C
and Life Insurance STAT reporting, and / or investment
- Acquires and applies demonstrated knowledge of appropriate and
applicable industry practices and USAA business and products
relevant impacting the financial statements.
- Applies professional skepticism to Interpret and understand
financial results and regulatory information as well as business
and financial statement interrelationships, and provide informed,
proactive analysis and business insights for analytical review to
enable effective decision-making for financial and regulatory
- Prepares and reviews complex financial and regulatory reports
in addition to audited statements and support schedules.
- Performs procedures and identifies and implements improvements
in accordance with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Interacts regularly with management, regulatory agencies, and
business partners (i.e., internal and external audit, treasury,
compliance and legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate discussion and
execution of requisite actions.
- Monitors, analyzes and interprets new, proposed and changes to
financial reporting requirements to determine the impact to
- Serves as an advisor to management and serves as valued and
trusted resource to team members as well as a mentor to peers and
- Drafts and delivers disclosures, technical memos, and delivers
presentations and other supporting documentation
- Partners with areas across the enterprise to ensure correct and
timely receipt of supporting information.
- Plans and prioritizes maintenance of processes, procedures,
tools and resources. When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline: 4
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 6 years' experience preparing and delivering financial
statements and regulatory reports in the financial services
industry, Bank Holding Company or relevant work experience.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications
including Excel; 4 years experience conducting research and
preparing business and operational financial analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP). Preferred Experience:
- Experience in Call Report preparation and submission (FFIEC 031
and FFIEC 041).
- Experience with other bank regulatory reporting to include
FR2900, FR2644 and FR 2420). The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 -
$144,500 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location). Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total
Rewards Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Rock Hill , Financial Reporting Analyst Senior (Remote Work Location Available), Advertising , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!