Company: KCI Technologies
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we re building an enduring company that provides
unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark
designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest
deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment,
and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to
innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that
works, and skin in the game. Because life s more fun when you own
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering,
consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the
United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing
cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic
growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial
spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OTHER
* A civil engineer, working within a project team, is responsible
for the design, analysis, and permitting of land development
projects. You will work closely with the Practice Leader(s),
Project Manager(s), Project Engineer(s) and other Staff
Professionals to perform a variety of engineering related tasks to
* Designing site and land development projects entirely, or
* Researching code requirements for project sites
* Site planning and feasibility analysis.
* Site layout, grading, and utility design.
* Preparing drainage, storm water management, soil erosion &
sedimentation control/NPDES and other reports required for project
permits and approvals.
* Performing research and writing reports.
* Performing inspections of job sites.
* Performing construction observation.
* Preparing construction cost estimates.
* Attending client and public meetings to facilitate project
permitting and approvals.
* Preferred candidate will have worked on all phases of site design
and have been involved in private Land Development projects,
designs and permitting approvals.
* Good problem solving, communication, and technical writing skills
are required. A solid background of reliability, commitment to
task, and project completion and success is required.
* Must have the ability to work collaboratively as a part of a
collective team and also to work independently.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Appropriate graduate level work
* Minimum of 5 - 9 years of professional experience.
* Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment.
Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon
* Submit for approval and deliver timely annual Employee
Performance Appraisals for assigned staff
* Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your
* Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
* Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
* Manage work routine of all assigned staff and assign job
activities as required
* Complete other duties as required/assigned
* Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(75%-80%
* Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with
project team on all projects/tasks
* Chart and provide task performance results
* Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting
* Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants
* Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget
* Prepare interpractice agreements and/or outside requests as
* Provide technical project and staff oversight
* Serve as task manager on select projects
* Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements,
sketches, notes and photographs as needed
* Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications and cost
estimates for review and approval
* Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for approval
* Read and interpret technical documents needed for performance of
* Review and approve shop drawings
* Complete Annual Individual Training Program
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: KCI Technologies, Rock Hill , Project Engineer, Engineering , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!