OSP Engineering Planner
Company: Allstate Sales Group Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job descriptionThis is an opportunity to join one of New
Jersey's most successful telecommunications services companies.
This position will be an integral part of our IT team as we embark
on the next phase of our growth.Established in 2008, ASG Inc. has
become a leader in offering turn-key engineering, construction, and
data services solutions. ASG has operations in over 30 states
between remote workforce and offices in addition to our two offices
in Ireland. We plan, design, build and service our clients in the
Telecommunications, IT and Software Development sector. We believe
that business needs to be disruptive and creative in order to
thrive, and we think it's important to provide an exciting and
vibrant place to work.Job Title: OSP Engineering PlannerReports To:
Group ManagerJob Purpose:The OSP Engineering Planner creates
project designs, estimates costs, identifies appropriate materials
and equipment, creates drawings, and estimates project timelines,
for the placement of fiber optic cables, copper cables, poles,
conduit, transmission equipment and associated electronics. The OSP
Engineer creates designs based on current and past network
architectures. The OSP Engineer should be proficient in aerial,
buried and underground design and construction methods including
but not limited to, conduit, manholes, hand holes, submarine cable
etc.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, performs field engineering of
proposed projects to provide optimum routing alternatives ensuring
the most cost-effective designs are developed for construction
- Provides suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and
proposed pedestal locations
- Provides field investigation of construction projects using
aerial, buried and underground construction methods.
- Provides legible drawings in acceptable formats depicting the
pickup locations and proposed routings developed from the field
- Provides estimated costs to provide service on assigned
- Attends on sight meetings with appropriate stake holders to
explain proposed design and construction procedures as well as
cable routing, as necessary.
- Perform field verifications of existing plant in order to
provide accurate pick up points for new plant extensions.
- Attend departmental meetings to understand and address the
goals of the organization.
- Gather street addresses and unit count information for records
and database additions/corrections as required.
- Coordinates with group managers, project coordinators, and
permitting department as required to engineer plant extensions
- Research's system plant maps to determine system extension
effects on surrounding cable plant and node placement sizing.
- Performs small system preliminary extension design for high
priority projects when necessary.
- Coordinates with company contractors as needed to verify
existing conduits and plant.Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years' experience in
the telecommunications industry.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Requires ability to function independent of a supervisor.
- Basic word-processing software and record keeping skills.
- Adaptable computer skills and ability to research online
information from various sources.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- College level courses in AutoCAD drafting/CATV design
desired.Working Conditions:Outdoors and office with work hours
dependent on the needs of the project.Physical Requirements:
Walking routes, driving, travel as needed to get to the
project.Direct Reports:NonePay Definition/Metrics:Non- Exempt-
HourlyASG is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment
for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences,
perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to
our workplace. ASG strives to foster an environment where our
employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team
members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an
inclusive workplace.Job Type: Full-timePay: $25.00 - $30.00 per
Keywords: Allstate Sales Group Inc, Rock Hill , OSP Engineering Planner, Engineering , Richburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!