Posted on: June 21, 2022
We have an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer located at our
Ludwig Drums facility in Monroe, NC. This position reports to the
This is responsible for optimizing efforts in safety, quality, and
productivity using engineering principles and analytical techniques
to advance continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and
products. Improve manufacturing processes by designing and
modifying equipment & manufacturing processes for component
fabrication and assembly. Project management and manufacturing
documentation (SOPs, Work Instructions) and drawings. OSHA and
environmental compliance management.
- Support of daily production meetings, working closely with
production team to drive all engineering actions across fabrication
and assembly to improve manufacturing processes & throughput.
- Analyze root causes, map processes and propose & implement
- Lead variability reduction and lean manufacturing initiatives
while sharing best practices across departments or multiple
- Invent new ideas and systems to reduce the cost of
manufacturing of musical instruments and components, and assist in
the implementation of lean manufacturing principles.
- Assists in the maintenance of engineering databases, item
masters, bills of material, and routing files.
- Ability to use Solidworks for design and additive
- Evaluate and solve, or assist with evaluating day-to-day
problems involved with Engineering and Total Quality
- Prepare specifications and request of quotations and
participate in tooling improvements and layouts.
- Technical floor support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- At least three years working experience in a manufacturing
- Knowledgeable PC user with CAD experience.
- Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Familiar with engineering/manufacturing tools and terms.
- People oriented with good written and verbal communication
- Good organizational skills.
- CNC and Solid CAM experience preferred but not required.
- Requires long periods of sedentary work.
- Requires some traveling.
- Requires repetitive upper body movement - keyboard and monitor
Keywords: Conn-Selmer, Rock Hill , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!