Process Engineer- Kershaw, SC
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Process Engineer - Kershaw, SC
This is a full-time, exempt position.
The Kershaw, South Carolina Soybean Processing Facility is a
non-union plant with a workforce of approximately 40 employees. The
Process Engineer is involved in supervising and leading the
day-to-day operations of the facility and supporting, a variety of
administrative functions. This position is also responsible for
process improvements for production in all facets of operation
through direct contributions of project development from conception
though start-up. The role assists in leading day to day operations,
tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality,
process performance and mentoring less experienced colleagues and
engineers. A Production Engineer will indirectly lead 10 to 15
hourly colleagues and support supervision in areas of daily and
weekly scheduling, coordination of training, as well as updating
standard operating procedures. This position will work with
Operations, contractor management and Technology CoE's for the
completion of projects within the facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversight of specific processes that may include projects.
Project management may require, purchasing of materials and
supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee
training, and startup of projects
- Lead plant operations to maintain personnel and process
- Performs troubleshooting and makes recommendations for
improvements to company facilities, equipment, and safety
- Interacts directly with shift supervision to produce desired
operational results and employee development
- Conducts daily review of KPI paperwork (i.e. Operational &
Shift Supervisor, quality reports and Production Review).
- Supports Quality and the Food Safety Management System and
possibly as member of that team.
- Serves as a primary contact for operational, production, and
maintenance planning, giving guidance on priorities
- Project design, development and management that are specific to
- Process, production and project cost tracking
- Participates in employee performance management (i.e.,
mentorship and discipline)
- Provide feedback, mentorship and support to operators and shift
supervision to achieve short term and long-term department
performance through use of KPI's, continuous improvement.
- B.S. in Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
- 2 - 5 years of plant operations experience preferred
- 1 - 3 years in direct supervision of people; supervisory
experience in a union environment a plus
- Strong Dedication to Safety
- Project management experience / background is helpful.
- Concern for Quality
- Proven leadership
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good written and verbal commutation skills
- Ability to lead personnel and work closely with corporate
- Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate
challenges and develop options to overcome them
- Dust, Soybeans
- Chemicals / Irritants
- The scope of the position requires exposure to and use of
chemicals, solvents, and cleaners that may be hazardous and/or
cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use,
and disposal/storage are not accurately followed!
- Spring / Summer: Temperatures in some areas of the facility
will be up to or exceed 100 degrees. Outside temperature may also
reach 100 degrees with potential for high humidity. You may be
exposed to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited
to, rain and wind.
- Fall / Winter: Temperatures inside and out of the location may
be at or below freezing. Outside you may face inclement weather
including, freezing rain, sleet, snow and wind.Some manufacturing
processes within the facility are highly reliant on machinery and
other processing equipment and, as a result, noise levels may reach
or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for
most of the work shift.
- Able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up
to 30 pounds on a limited basis, up to 50 pounds on an occasional
basis and up to 55 pounds overhead.
- Lifting or carrying of weights over 50 pounds is rare.
Employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or
carrying objects that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Able to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending,
kneeling or squatting frequently. May also require periods of
prolonged sitting or standing.
- Able to operate equipment or diagnose / detect issues of
machinery that may be located at different heights. May require
work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights.
Relocation assistance is available with this role.
This position comes with a full benefits package including
401K/ESOP, pension, life, health and dental benefits.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran
status.About ADM:At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide
access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations,
a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any
taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an
edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow.
We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's
premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our
breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give
us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages,
health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the
outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world
over. Learn more at www.adm.com.EEOADM is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability and veterans status.Ref ID#LI-CJ1
Keywords: Archer Daniels Midland Company, Rock Hill , Process Engineer- Kershaw, SC, Engineering , Kershaw, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!