Company: OceanaGold Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The role:The purpose of the role is to coordinate and monitor
construction activities for Projects being undertaken by the
Capital Projects Group, under the overall control of the Project
Manager; co-ordinate the daily activities between contractors and
construction management for the various Projects being undertaken
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate functions during the development, approval, and
execution phases of Capital Works
- Review construction drawings and specification set out by the
- Ensure works under area of control have the appropriate QA/QC
documentation (inspection test plans) in place prior to the work
- Maintain records of construction, including incidents,
progress, delays, and the achievement of milestones.
- Assist with the development of a master schedule with
interrelationships between projects.
- Communicate verbally and in writing clearly, concisely, and
effectively with team and other personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining a utilization database, tracking
invoice flow, developing work schedule, monitoring cost, or
assisting in the development of project work breakdown structure
- Review contractor baseline schedules and verify contractor's
monthly updated schedules for accuracy and contractor
- Ensure AFEs and Professional Service Agreements and/or
Contracts and/or Purchase Orders are in place and up to date with
the correct approvals in place prior to work being undertaken.
- Carry out and document field leadership safety interactions
with work groups.
- Take all appropriate actions to remove and/or manage the
hazards within Construction work areas.
- Ensure construction activities are being completed as indicated
in the construction documents.
- Maintain daily records of works management, including
incidents, progress, delays and the achievement of milestones. The
successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Mining/Civil,
- Five (5) years of related civil construction experience.
- Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) construction experience
- Formal training or Qualifications in MS Project or Primavera
- Demonstrated project organizational skills, including report
and cost writing experience.
- MSHA Certification or understanding of MSHA guidelines.
Who are we?About the company: Check us out -
https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM OceanaGold is a multinational gold
producer committed to the highest standards of technical,
environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been
contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering
sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities
and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and
silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and
transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that
connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has
created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and
a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the
Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile
Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by
corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver,
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of
our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align
with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities. OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM -
CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
Keywords: OceanaGold Corporation, Rock Hill , Project Engineer, Engineering , Kershaw, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!