Posted on: August 7, 2022
WHO WE AREWith over 20 years' experience, Gestamp remains a
leader in the European automotive industry. Dedicated to the
design, development and manufacturing of metal automotive
components, Gestamp focuses on innovative development to produce
safer and lighter vehicles.
At Gestamp, we believe people are the architects of our company's
success. This mindset is an essential asset for the organization.
We welcome talented, motivated and team-based individuals who want
to assemble their next career with Gestamp!
JOB SUMMARYThe Controls Engineer is responsible for defining and
developing new and enhanced solutions for approaches to delivering
production services, test and optimize the functionality of
equipment and define technical requirements as well as ensure that
production lines are commissioned, built and maintained according
to Gestamp Automotive Systems and regulatory safety standard. This
position will work across the organization to foster continuous
improvement for long-term success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and develop new and enhanced solutions for approaches to
delivering production services, test and optimize the functionality
of equipment and define technical requirements.
- Ensure that production lines are commissioned, built and
maintained according to Gestamp Automotive Systems and regulatory
- Prepare technical reports on the production line performance
for peers and management; Record completed tasks/projects.
- Serve as the point of contact for other maintenance personnel
and Multi-Craft Technicians; May assist in supervising other
- Provide documentation of completed tasks in the Daily Shift
- Evaluate the effectiveness of optimization and corrective
actions on the production lines.
- Develop solutions and budgets for internal projects and
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree, in Electronics or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in an Engineering role
- Automotive industry experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Electrical and Electronic knowledge
- High level programming skills on Robots, PLC and HMI
(preferably Beckhoff TwinCat, Siemens S7 and Win CC,
- Rockwell RS Logix5000, Factory Talk View, PILS, KUKA)
- Extensive knowledge in selection of field bus of various kinds
(Ethernet/IP, EtherCat, Profibus, Interbus, etc.).
- Programming and troubleshooting of various drives
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a project
- Planning, documentation and part selection skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and develop solutions to complex
- Excellent multi-task skills; able to prioritize accordingly
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?Top benefitsExcellent growth and advancement
opportunitiesTuition reimbursement programWorking for a top leader
in the automotive industryBuilding relationships and experiences
through interactions with subject matter experts
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYGestamp North America, LLC provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Gestamp, Rock Hill , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Union, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!