Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- -At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:To lead, direct, develop and
coordinate all aspects for budgeting (short and long term),
forecasting and month close activities to support Distribution
operations. Also responsible for tracking payroll, occupancy, other
administrative and capital expenditures. This includes detailed
variance analysis and various financial projects related to the DC.
Also responsible for recruiting and the development of the finance
team within the DC.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the Month Close process to include consolidation and
reporting of DC ledger accounts, explanations of variances from
budget and forecast, and generation of Journal Entries as required.
Interact with corporate finance staff as required to ensure
accuracy of accounting entries.
- Review and audit data and tools used in supporting the DC,
assumptions, forecasting methodology, and final results of weekly
expense forecasts. Recommend improvements in monitoring and
forecasting processes and tools and follow through to
- Lead the generation of the yearly budget to include G&A
assumptions, productivity assumptions and wage analysis. Present
annual budget to operations team.
- Monitor actual distribution cost transactions in the General
Ledger for errors, incorrect classification and variances from
forecasts and budget.
- Review and submit monthly accruals from distribution centers
for completeness and propriety. Provide explanations on changes to
accrual amounts month to month.
- Assist distribution center managers in resolving their
accounting questions and researching General Ledger activity. Act
as a liaison between Finance and Distribution for accounting and
- Monitor and research distribution cost (expense and capital)
variances from budget and forecast.
- Provide decision support for operating management with ad hoc
analysis. Other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, train and develop finance team members at the
- Drive for results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing and measuring work
- Problem Solving
- Building Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Managerial CourageQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required with an MBA or CPA
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience in logistics or distribution with emphasis on
financial or operational planning and forecasting
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all
levels of management
- Understanding of budget preparation and variance analysis
- Confidentiality concerning all projects
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks,
deadlines and changing priorities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Experience in project managementPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:No
unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and
nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor
facility.Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance
in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be
anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other
inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to
demands and pressures from persons other than immediate
supervisor.Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with
hands.Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching,
talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 lbs.Vision requirements:
Ability to see information in print and/or
electronically.DISCLAIMER:This job description is a summary of the
primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is
not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of
duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at
management's discretion.Ross is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion
according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe
that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to
attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce.
Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex
(which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding),
veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic
partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic
characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other
category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Rock Hill , Finance Manager, Executive , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!