Director, Risk and Compliance
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a hardworking and talented
Director, Risk and Compliance to work a hybrid schedule from our
Charlotte, NC, Plano, TX or San Antonio, TX offices.
Leads all aspects of the development, implementation and oversight
of programs that support effective risk and compliance management
in the first line of defense. Supports business leader adherence to
the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business
controls and is accountable for mentoring of an impactful team
responsible for risk and control self-assessments, identifying
control failures, facilitating remediation, internal and external
audits and regulatory exams, and observing in an effort to minimize
risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
efficiently identified, measured and controlled.
- Follows written compliance policies, standards, and procedures
for business activities.
- Counsels staff and initiatives that support management
programs, to include governance support, risk oversight, risk
infrastructure development, risk identification, quantification,
aggregation, and emerging risks.
- Guides senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and leads a successful team of risk and internal control
professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance
management and related managerial activities.
- Leads consultative relationships with clients regarding budget
and implementation results and risk mitigation plans as
- Partners with key customers in the business and leads all
aspects of identification, assessment and documentation of risks
and controls, including new or modified products, services,
distribution channels, regulations and/or third-party
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of
governance policies and procedures in partnership with senior
leaders to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry
standard methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management
issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on
their impact to USAA's risk profile.
- Educates risk owners on risk/control methods and may work with
other lines in the development and implementation of controls.
- Leads processes for collecting accurate and complete internal
loss data from business areas.
- Counsels analysis and data mining initiatives that identify,
validate, and lead emerging risk exposures.
- Assists in the early identification of risk trends by
establishing key performance and risk indicators.
- Charged with the preparation of key reports and communications
and may present to governance committees, senior leaders,
regulatory bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or
related field of study; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 8 years' experience supporting risk and/or compliance
related activities in a financial services operating environment or
other relevant industry; OR 8 years' of experience in a relevant
quantitative field; OR Advanced degree or designation in a risk
management or quantitative field, and 6 years' experience
supporting risk and/or compliance related activities; OR PhD in a
risk management or quantitative field, and 4 years' experience
supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- 3 years of developing people or people management
- 4+ years leading PRCI / RCSA for first line of business
- Financial risk management experience
- Established leadership of large work efforts / management of
diverse team in a matrix environment
- Strong presentation skills to executive audiences
- 4 to 6 years of end-to-end risk management experience inclusive
of developing, writing, and assessing controls and control
strength.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is $106,800.00-$192,300.00.Employees
may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.To see details on our outstanding
benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.Required
Keywords: USAA, Rock Hill , Director, Risk and Compliance, Executive , Pineville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!