Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Carolina Asthma And Allergy Center
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: January 8, 2021
General Summary: A non-exempt position responsible for nursing
care under the supervision of physicians and site manager. Able to
travel to all clinic locations within the company.Essential Job
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients.
Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and
biological samples. Collects specimens for laboratory
- Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers medications
and treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals
in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and
minor medical procedures. Adheres to infection control/safety
guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses,
and medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials,
communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Utilizes work time wisely and efficiently by completing
clinical tasks, assisting with triage tasks, calling patients for
lab and/or radiology results, completing the prior authorization
paperwork needed for medication approvals, assisting team members,
cleaning, organizing, stocking and putting supplies away and
preparing the office to run efficiently.Education: High school
diploma. Graduation from an approved practical nursing
program.Experience: Minimum one year of LPN experience; clinic
experience preferred.Other Requirements: State-licensed practical
nurse. Current BLS Certificate.Performance Requirements:Knowledge:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and
pathophysiology. Familiarity with health care systems, regulations,
policies, and functions. Understanding of documentation
- Knowledge of equipment, supplies, and materials needed for
medical treatment. Understanding of basic laboratory procedures
including preparation and screening.
- Knowledge of infectious disease management and control and
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements
and federal/state laws related to release of health care
- Skill in reading and following written and oral medical
- Skill in initiating appropriate emergency procedures.
- Skill in handling a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in patient triage in person and on the phone.Abilities:
- Ability to use manual dexterity to perform medical
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with coworkers and diverse patient populations.
- Ability to read and interpret physicians' orders and notes from
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections
and measure results.Equipment Operated: Standard nursing equipment
and supplies including thermometer, Sphygmomanometer and syringes.
May involve use of assistive devices such as walkers, wheelchairs,
pulse oximetry units, spirometry, and nebulizer and oxygen tanks.
Requires use of a computer.Work Environment: Medical exam/treatment
rooms and medical offices. Controlled lighting, acoustics, air
quality, and temperature settings. Environmental hazards may be
unpredictable including exposure to communicable diseases and
biohazards.Mental/Physical Requirements: Occasional exposure to
communicable diseases and biohazards. Daily standing, squatting,
walking, bending, and maneuvering. May require lifting up to 40
pounds to transfer/turn patient with/without assistive devices.
Stress can be triggered by workload and difficult patients.
Keywords: Carolina Asthma And Allergy Center, Rock Hill , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!