Physical Therapist Home Care
Company: Interim HealthCare
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Purpose:Physical therapy services are provided for the
purpose of treating impairments, functional limitations,
disabilities or changes in physical function and health status. -
The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the
patient's plan of care, accepted professional standards of physical
therapy practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as
applicable Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.Essential
- Assist the physician or other licensed practitioner in
evaluating the level of patient function and performance and
equipment needs as well as in developing the resulting plan of
care/treatment including appropriate long and short term treatment
goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and
duration of services to meet the needs of an individual
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at
appropriate time points as assigned.
- Provide interventions and therapeutic treatment in accordance
with the physician certified plan of care and physical therapy
professional standards of practice.
- Regularly assess changes in the patient's status since the last
visit/treatment day, and determine whether the planned services
should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining
revision orders from the physician as indicated.
- Advise and consult with the family and/or other caregivers to
promote the patient progress toward mutually agreed upon goals and
planning for discharge.
- Participates in educating the patient and the family, and other
caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established
- Actively communicate with other members of the
interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary healthcare team providing
care to the patient to promote coordination of care.
- Prepare and submit legible, relevant and sufficient
documentation - whether written or electronic - of treatment and
skilled intervention provided, as well as report of a patient's
progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of
practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement
- Participate in in-services or training, as requested.
- Able to perform CPR, per organization-specific policy.
- Supervise professional and paraprofessional staff, as assigned,
including physical therapist assistants.
- Read and interpret technical instructions related to the care
of the patient and use of equipment in providing such care.
- Visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
- Perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks to
effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient need and
- Provide proof of valid driver's license, per
- Provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if an
assignment(s) includes driving own vehicle to transport a patient,
per organization-specific policy.
- Travel within geographic area serviced by the home care or
- Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Meet the health requirements to provide patient care per
applicable law or regulation.
- Access, use and disclose personal health information (PHI) as
necessary to fulfill patient care duties and responsibilities and
as defined by each organization.Minimum Education & Experience
- Current licensure or certification as a physical therapist in
the state(s) in which he or she will practice, unless licensure or
certification does not exist.
- A graduate of an accredited physical therapy education program
or equivalent as recognized by the American Physical Therapy
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a
physical therapist that is relevant to the patient population
assigned.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.For Organizations
That Must Meet the Medicare Conditions of Participation:
-Additional education requirements apply as per Addendum A of this
job description. - A physical therapist must meet 1 of 5 options
for qualification to provide services paid for under the Medicare
home health, hospice or outpatient therapy benefits.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living
facility, school or occupational setting.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Ability to visually and auditorialy observe and assess the
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours, as
- Heavy physical activity that may require lifting, carrying,
pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching,
bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching
and climbing stairs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Rock Hill , Physical Therapist Home Care, Healthcare , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!