Home Health Aide (Clinton and Greenwood area)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Performs duties essential to personal care which are given to
patients in their home. Provides support services, under the
supervision of the appropriate professional staff, to assist the
client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional
comfort according to physicians' orders. Works with patients and
their caregivers to assist them in assuming responsibilities toward
- Performs duties as assigned by the Case Manager, Clinical
Supervisor or Clinical Manager including:
- obtaining temperature, pulse, blood pressure and
- maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment
- bed, sponge, tub or shower bathing
- shampooing in sink, tub or shower
- caring for nails and skin
- oral hygiene
- assisting with toileting and elimination
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to the
performance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care
such as ambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with
the normal range of motion and positioning.
- Prepares and provides and/or assists with meals as
- Performs light homemaking and other environmental services as
- Observes, reports and documents any changes in patient
- Understands basic elements of body functioning and reports
changes in patient's body functions as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate
emergency procedures per care center policy.
- Follows care center procedures regarding infection prevention
and control, handling of hazardous waste, and safety measures.
- Accurately documents care provided and submits notes and other
required documents per care center policy.
- Attends care center provided in-service programs to fulfill
requirements of position and care center policies.
- Follows specific written instructions for personal care in
accordance with the Plan of Care.
- Assists patient with prescribed exercises as instructed per
nurse or therapist.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6+) months of direct patient experience within the
timeframe of two (2) years, in an institution or care center
- Meets federal/state requirements for this position. Per CMS
regulations, a qualified home health aide is a person who has
- A training and competency evaluation program that meets CMS
requirements 484.80 (b) and (c) respectively; or
- A competency evaluation program that meets the requirements of
484.80 (c); or
- A nurse aide training and competency evaluation program
approved by the state as meeting the requirements of -483.151
through -483.154 and is currently listed in good standing on the
state nurse aide registry; or
- The requirements of a state licensure program that meets the
provisions of CMS 484.80 (b) and 484.80 (c).
- Upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of
training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at
484.80(b)(3). 484.80(b)(3) A home health aide training program must
address each of the following subject areas:
- Communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and
verbally report clinical information to patients, representatives,
and caregivers, as well as to other HHA staff.
- Observation, reporting, and documentation of patient status and
the care or service furnished.
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Basic infection prevention and control procedures.
- Basic elements of body functioning and changes in body function
that must be reported to an aide's supervisor.
- Maintenance of a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- Recognizing emergencies and the knowledge of instituting
emergency procedures and their application.
- The physical, emotional, and developmental needs of and ways to
work with the populations served by the HHA, including the need for
respect for the patient, his or her privacy, and his or her
- Appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal hygiene
and grooming tasks that include-(A) Bed bath; (B) Sponge, tub, and
shower bath; (C) Hair shampooing in sink, tub, and bed;(D) Nail and
skin care; (E) Oral hygiene; (F) Toileting and elimination;
- Safe transfer techniques and ambulation;
- Normal range of motion and positioning;
- Adequate nutrition and fluid intake;
- Recognizing and reporting changes in skin condition; and
- Any other task that the HHA may choose to have an aide perform
as permitted under state law.
- Has not had a consecutive 24-month lapse in furnishing services
for compensation; if so, the individual must complete another
training and competency program before providing services.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current state certification (or registration) as a nurse
assistant (and as per state certification/ registration
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care
experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Rock Hill , Home Health Aide (Clinton and Greenwood area), Healthcare , Clinton, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!