RN Case Manager
Company: Interim HealthCare - Charlotte, NC
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:To assess and provide quality
patient home health care services to patients in the Charlotte and
Greater Charlotte Region. Essential Functions:
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial
specialized nursing knowledge, judgment, and a variety of nursing
- Completes nursing initial and ongoing assessments of home
health patients within specified deadlines.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing the patient's/client's progress.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient/client care and planning for
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team
- Secures necessary supplies to provide patient care in the
- Refers to other service disciplines as needed.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively
manage an assigned patient population.
- Accesses personal health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current
license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she
- Two (2) years of current nursing experience preferred.
- Preferred: Home Health prior experience and/or Medical-Surgical
Hospital experience.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to perform and evidence of current CPR certification for
adults, children and infants.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use
clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
applicable.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to occasionally travel within geographic area serviced by
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
environment but may require frequent visits to patient/client
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Charlotte, NC, Rock Hill , RN Case Manager, Healthcare , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!