Nurse Aide II - Atrium Health Union Emergency Department - FT Evening
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. In addition to the sign-on
bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust
benefits packages, paid time off, and educational assistance.
The Nurse Aide II assists in providing patient care under the
direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining
a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities
in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies
as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific
- Maintains patient/resident's rooms in a clean and orderly
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones,
entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide II (per
North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as
administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able
to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients,
medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English
in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger
dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required for new hires on or after
- Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support
HealthCare Provider certification.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development
and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages,
culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the
information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has
been determined based on job level and job responsibility within
the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been
determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Those required by unit. Includes blood pressure manometer,
stethoscope, thermometer, personal protective equipment,
wheelchairs, stretchers, utility cars, and related clinical
Atrium Health is one of the nation's leading healthcare
organizations, connecting patients with on-demand care, world-class
specialists and the region's largest primary care network. A
recognized leader in healthcare delivery, quality and innovation,
our foundation rests on providing clinically excellent and
We've been serving our community since 1940, when we opened our
doors as Charlotte Memorial Hospital. Since then, our network has
grown to include more than 40 hospitals and 900 care locations
ranging from doctors' offices to behavioral health centers to
Our focus: Delivering the highest quality patient care, supporting
medical research and education, and joining with partners outside
our walls to keep our community healthy.
About the Team
Our Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Our Mission: To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing -
Our Vision: To be the first and best choice for care.
Our Values: We recognize that employees are our most valuable
asset. We have identified four core values we hold in the highest
regard: caring, commitment, integrity and teamwork.
Keywords: Atrium Health, Rock Hill , Nurse Aide II - Atrium Health Union Emergency Department - FT Evening, Healthcare , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!