Cook - Dietary Aide
Posted on: January 15, 2022
PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All new
Partners are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or be
willing to get vaccinated within 30 days of employment. We will
consider medical and/or religious exemptions on a case-by-case
The Dietary Aide Assists with food preparation in accordance with
our established procedural guidelines, and as directed by the Food
The Cook prepares palatable, nutritionally sound meals consistent
with departmental policies and procedures and consistent with state
and federal laws and regulations that meet daily nutritional and
special diet needs of each resident. Responsible to ensure that
foods are prepared and served at the proper temperature and the
proper time. Works with Director of Food Service to allocate
resources in an efficient manner so that each resident receives
food in the amount, type, consistency and frequency to maintain
acceptable body weight, nutritional values, and quality of
1. - - - Assists cook in the preparation of meals, salads,
desserts, snacks or other dishes for patients/residents, also
prepares between-meal nourishments (make sandwiches, etc.)
2. - - - Follows diet orders and NPO diet orders
3. - - - Serves nourishments in accordance with procedural
4. - - - Properly stores leftovers/ opened food
5. - - - Follows procedures for serving partner meals
6. - - - Offers menu substitutions and records them in accordance
with procedural guidelines.
7. - - - Complies with infection control policies in the work
8. - - - Delivers trays to patients/residents on halls and in
9. - - - Assists with the serving/pouring of juice, milk, water,
and tea, etc.; makes coffee/ tea as requested
10. - Cleans all tables in the dining area after each meal
11. - Cleans work area at the end of shift and after meals,
including sweeping and mopping and stores all cleaning equipment
12. - Cleans kitchen equipment such as, carts, tables, counters,
ice machine, buckets, blender, mixer, meat slicer, freezer,
refrigerator, stove, steamer, garbage disposal, dish machine
coffee/ tea maker, steam table etc.
13. - Removes garbage from kitchen areas and hoses out garbage
14. - Scrapes dishes, washes dishes, pots and pans and stores
15. - Records freezer and walk-in refrigerator temperatures in
accordance with established procedures
16. - Maintains dishwasher and dish sink; checks and records water
temperature (dishwasher, pat and pan sink, etc.); checks dishwasher
with sanitizer strips; checks chemical levels and replaces if
17. - Maintains supply stock and properly stores items according to
18. - Sets up tray line and performs tray line service
19. - Operates the dish machine, garbage disposal, mixer, blender,
meat slicer, steamer, coffee and tea maker
20. - Uses, cleans and maintains serving equipment (ladle, spoon,
scoops, etc.) according to established procedures
21. - Working knowledge of food handling, preparation and storage
techniques that comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
Ability to apply regulations to work situations of cook and to
supervision of staff assistants.
22. - Follows recipes and prepares foods that correspond to menu
cycles prepared by Dietitian. Cook or prepares palatable,
attractive, nutritionally adequate meals in institutional
quantities that are served at proper times.
23. - Assists with supervision kitchen staff that assist with food
preparation, assembling trays, cleaning and storage of supplies and
equipment. Continuously cleans food service work areas as food
preparation and service is done. Uses food supplies and equipment
in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
24. - Prepares and maintains supply of food substitutes to
accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic and religious
preferences. Inspects trays following meal service to monitor and
record resident acceptance of menu items. Reports findings to
25. - Uses food preparation equipment according to manufacturer's
instructions. Follows proper cleaning techniques and preventative
maintenance schedules. Handles, stores, dispose of food supplies
and prepared food in accord with department procedures and in
compliance with state and federal regulations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A high school diploma or its equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of one (1) year institutional food service experience as
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Experience in long term care food production is preferred.
Primary Location: North Carolina-Monroe
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Dec 22, 2021, 4:57:30 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Rock Hill , Cook - Dietary Aide, Hospitality & Tourism , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!