Store Manager Unassigned
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: September 23, 2022
- Responsible for learning Walgreens operations and ways of
working to lead one-box (full store operations across front-end and
pharmacy). Responsible for completing accelerated development track
to Store Manager during the specified timeframe as outlined in the
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, oversees the
operation (front-end and pharmacy) of a Walgreen store.
- Supports store operations by shadowing or assisting the Store
Manager in leading store throughout the learning journey.Training &
- Complete rigorous, accelerated program including all
certifications needed for the Store Manager role.
- Attends and completes classroom learning, online training and
on-the-job training. Fulfills assigned rotations and learning
objectives by spending time in other stores in the area as
- Follows individual development plans offered by District
Manager. Participates in one-on-one conversations with Store
Manager and District Manager to have continuous professional growth
and demonstrates permanent assignment readiness and proficiency of
learning topics with the Director of Pharmacy and Retail
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting
high personal standards, learning about the fields of retail,
pharmacy, and management, seeking best practices.
- Learns and actively implements compliance standard operational
procedures (SOPs) across front-end and pharmacy. Gains knowledge of
all computer and technology systems and software.
- Obtains pharmacy technician registration/licensure as required
by state law (and pursues PTCB certification, as required by
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer complaints
in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive
customer experience. Models and shares customer service best
- Monitors customer service, provides coaching, training, and
develops plans for improvements in both the front-end and pharmacy.
Empowers team members to find the most impactful resolution for
customers; seeks solutions that exceed customer expectations and
- Supports Store Manager in observing customer service trends,
analyzing customer feedback, creating awareness to the business,
and improving service metrics.Operations
- Shadows Store Manager, gains experience, performs and
demonstrates proficiency supervising the operation of the store and
team members, including gaining exposure to
opening/closing/changing shifts, and delegating tasks to team
members. Demonstrates the ability to supervise merchandising tasks,
including sets, resets, and revisions of basic department and end
stands, display tables, and promotional space, using multiple
discount pricing, signs, advertising, promotional items,
- Supports Store Manager in protecting store assets by
administering and monitoring internal loss prevention programs and
systems. Learns to maintain and react to the electronic
surveillance system and ensures price accuracy, using reports and
in-store price audits.
- Learns to analyze inventory trends and supervises inventory
management. Verifies proper standard operating procedures are being
adhered to for receiving, counting, ordering, pricing, and
returning points of execution for both front-end and pharmacy.
Learns to supervise receiving, sticking, pricing, returning and
- Supervises operations of the assigned location, including
strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations,
including but not limited to the sale of alcohol, tobacco, fresh
food, and pharmacy products.
- Provides for the safety and well-being of team members;
effectively utilizes the Security Operations Center.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers and business partners.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned,
including assisting team members as needed.Business Performance
- Learns to analyze financial & performance data for the store
and pharmacy. Develops action plans to improve business results,
including increasing sales and controlling costs.
- Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and
performance of the store and pharmacy.
- Reviews and analyzes asset protection data and develops action
plans to reduce loss.
- Reviews daily performance indicators and weekly operational
metrics . Prepares action plans to improve results to discuss with
the Store Manager and District Manager.
- Analyzes pharmacy performance indicators and works with the
Pharmacy Manager and/ or Pharmacy Operations Manager to enhance the
performance of the pharmacy.Business Planning
- Works with Store Manager to understand key inventory metrics
- Learns how to grow front-end and pharmacy business with new
initiatives directed by the Support Center, community outreach, and
retail partnerships through planning, implementing, executing, and
following up with a review.People & Performance Management
- Learns all aspects of people management at Walgreens, including
training/ coaching on standard operating procedures.
- Learns how to effectively use Walgreens HR and people
management systems to supervise team members.
- Shadows Store Manager in action planning and performance
conversations, becoming familiar with performance management
assessment criteria and metrics. Understands how to use discipline
and performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Reviews and becomes knowledgeable all company policy and local,
state and federal laws related to selection, recruitment, record
retention and training of team members.
- Supports Store Manager in leveraging the teams strengths,
skills, and abilities to increase engagement, overcome challenges,
solve problems, and adapt to changes that the store
- Shadows Store Manager and attends all critical communication
sessions, e.g., one-on-one discussions, group meetings. Learns best
practices for providing and receiving feedback, soliciting input,
answering questions, and ensuring communications are open between
management and non-management team members.
- Assists Store Manager and/or District Manager in planning and
attending community events.
- Gains experience facilitating team member discussions around
key operational and engagement metrics.Job ID: 988054BRTitle: Store
Manager UnassignedCompany Indicator: WalgreensEmployment Type:
Full-timeJob Function: RetailFull Store Address: 1645 CRANIUM
DR,ROCK HILL,SC,29732-03509-15274-SFull District Office Address:
1645 CRANIUM DR,ROCK HILL,SC,29732-03509-15274-SExternal Basic
- Bachelors degree and 3 years retail management experience or
High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of retail management
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
(Except in Puerto Rico)
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended
days, evenings, and weekend hours.
- Willingness to accept assignment into a Store Manager position,
if an assignment is offered.
- Willingness to transfer to other Walgreens retail assets
located within the same hiring Area.Preferred Qualifications:
- PTCB Certification.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Managerial experience with another employer in a Retail
Store/Hospitality Manager or Retail Store/Hospitality Assistant
Manager capacity, with people leadership, business management, and
customer-facing experience.The following information is applicable
for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.An Equal Opportunity
Employer, including disability/veterans.The following information
is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay
Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and salary
available for this position by clicking here:
jobs.walgreens.com/benefits . Walgreens will provide applicants in
other states with information related to the position, to the
extent required by state or local law, by calling
1-866-967-5492.Shift: VariousStore: 15274-ROCK HILL SC
Keywords: Walgreens, Rock Hill , Store Manager Unassigned, Hospitality & Tourism , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!