Assist St Mgr, Petsense
Posted on: September 25, 2022
This position is responsible for proficiency in all areas of a
retail operation. The position serves as the second in charge of
operations to the Store Manager. Duties include providing
leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive
customer shopping experience and performing operational activities
throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to the store
Team Members. This position is also responsible for promoting a
safe and productive work environment for all Team Members,
customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the
appropriate application of policies and procedures.
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and
service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the
* Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
* Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours,
days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business
* Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by
following and enforcing policies and procedures.
* Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (TEAM):
* Thank the Customer
* Engage with the customer and/or pet
* Advise products or services
* Make it Memorable
* This position is required to perform a combination of the
following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix
may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model
makes it essential that every person in this position be able to
perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and
safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
* Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving sales
and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and
delegating of daily tasks.
* Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling, hiring/staffing
decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and development, and
maintaining a productive work environment.
* Execute assigned basic, promotional, and seasonal merchandising
* Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
* Transport and make deposits to bank.
* Assess store conditions and assign duties.
* Organize and prioritize workflow through the use of the daily
* Recovery of merchandise.
* Participate in mandatory freight process.
* Perform regular and promotional price change activities.
* Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a
* Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm
calls as needed.
* Communicate with Team Members on job functions, responsibilities
and financial goals.
* Operate cash register/computer supervising cash handling
* Assist Team Members on appropriate application of policies and
* Ensure the safety and well-being of live animals. Sanitize and
maintain holding tanks and care for live animals as required
* Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Previous retail leadership experience is required.
Experience with pet/live animal knowledge is strongly preferred.
Supervisory experience preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age
and possess a valid driver's license.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but
not required. Regardless of education level,Team members must be
able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
* Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team
* Pet/Live Animal, pet food, pet product knowledge is strongly
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
* Basic computer skills.
* Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard
surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
* Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no
less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
* Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on
the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the
physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the
store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all
equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly
and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer
service. Team members must have the physical and mental ability to
perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable
* Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 100
pounds, throughout the store.
* Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
* Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
* Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
* Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling
floor, stock area, and register area.
* Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
* Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
* Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills
to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
* Ability to process information / merchandise through the
* Ability to handle and be in contact with live animals.
* Ability to successfully complete all training and certifications
to care for live animals.
* Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
* Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer
in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company
culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and
Values. With over 2,000 stores in 49 states and an innovative
e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 300 with
annual revenues of more than $12 billion and growing! Come grow
your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package,
including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team
Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible
based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers
access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life
Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Keywords: PetSense, Rock Hill , Assist St Mgr, Petsense, Hospitality & Tourism , Lancaster, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!