AVP, Team Lead - Web App
Company: LPL Financial
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you
interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work
with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a
team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so,
LPL Financial is the place for you!LPL Financial is one of the
nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded
company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial
professionals-including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than
700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing
and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their
clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we
support their business by offering enabling technology,
comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management
programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take
care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And
Technology is at the center of our mission.Job Overview:At LPL
Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors
so they can take care of their client. Joining as an AVP Team Lead
- Web App, Investor Team, which is within the Technology business
unit, you will be responsible for planning, directing projects to
help design, build and maintain the sustainable, scalable
capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of
software products, processes. This role will also include
responsibility for leading special projects to drive more quality,
scope, and scale in the offering.Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and implement technical solutions based
on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise
Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and
maintain the various platforms and their integration with other
- Exposure to API policies, frameworks/components, error
handling, transaction tracing
- Setup security models and policies for consumers and producers
of API and catalog assets
- Work across various platforms and the associated
- Understand and follow company policies surrounding data
governance, security, and API development
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements
and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a
regular basis as part of product/project support.
- Work collaboratively with a geographically dispersed teamWhat
are we looking for?We want strong collaborators who can deliver a
world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive
in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and
are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and
- 10-12 years of Enterprise Application/SPA development
- Strong Angular 7, 8, 9 experience for trading
- Extensive knowledge in developing applications in a single page
- Experience in working with RESTFUL Web Services and
implementing RESTFUL API's.
- Experience in applying the latest software development
approaches including MVC, event driven applications using AJAX,
- Experience in front - end tooling workflows Node JS (NPM),
Bower, Gulp and Grunt
- Experience working with testing tools like Jasmine, Selenium,
Jest, Firebug, Protractor, Chrome/safari web inspectors and IE
- Excellent experience in GitHub, SVN and ClearCase for source
code management and for version control.
- Strong understanding and experienced with all the phases of
SDLC and agile development methodologies including SCRUM, involved
in daily SCRUM meetings to keep
- Experience with SDLC development processes (Waterfall, Agile,
Lean) and tools (e.g., Jira, Git)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- Excellent skills of designing and developing the micro APIs and
consuming the APIs.
- Must have experience integrating the system over HTTP, JMS or
other distributed technologies.
- Expertise with MS SQL. Should be able to write efficient
queries in MS SQL Should be well verse with query troubleshooting
and optimization tools available in SQL Server platform.
- Experience working with remote teams and contingent
- Experience working with Java or Microsoft Technologies like C#,
.Net framework tools.
- Experience working with MS Visio, word and Excel.Preferences:
- Experience in Database Technologies including RDMBS like
Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL like MongoDB.
- Good Understanding of Document Object Model (DOM) and DOM
- Experience of working on CSS Preprocessors like LESS and
- Development skills/tools: Java EE, Eclipse, Unix Shell
Scripting, ANT, Jython/Python, .Net, PowerShellWhy LPL?At LPL, we
believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for
everyone. As the nation's leading independent broker-dealer, we
offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage,
and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work
environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a
leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the
opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing
potential.We are one team on one mission. We take care of our
advisors, so they can take care of their clients.Because our
company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the
opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting
workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and
backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and
we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an
environment in which you can do your best work.Want to hear from
our employees on what it's like to work at LPL? Watch this!We take
social responsibility seriously. Learn more hereWant to see info on
our benefits? Learn more hereJoin the LPL team and help us make a
difference by turning life's aspirations into financial realities.
Please log in or create an account to apply to this position.
Principals only. EOE.Information on Interviews:LPL will only
communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com
email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a
chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form
of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an
applicant's bank or credit card. Should you have any questions
regarding the application process, please contact LPL's Human
Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
Keywords: LPL Financial, Rock Hill , AVP, Team Lead - Web App, IT / Software / Systems , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!