Agile Coach (work from home) (Chester)
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch
millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the
human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's
largest humanitarian network?As a condition of employment with
American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are
fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except
in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is
conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved
exemption prior to starting employmentJoin us-Where your Career is
a Force for Good!Job Description:The work location for this
exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work
100% remotely from home and be located somewhere in the Eastern
Time zone (NC, SC or VA preferred).The agile coach will serve as an
evangelist and accelerator for adoption of agile ways of working
within the Enterprise Data organization. They will provide training
and coaching to build teams' maturity in agile approaches, measure
progress to overcome obstacles and drive continuous improvement,
and champion agile to stakeholders across the enterprise. In
addition to managing the scrum masters on the Enterprise Data team,
the coach will actively serve as the Enterprise Data representative
for the broader American Red Cross agile transformation. The ideal
candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic attitude and be
comfortable addressing new challenges on a daily
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define outcomes and a
roadmap for the organization's agile transformation.
- Develop, deliver, and/or coordinate with external providers to
provision training and workshops on agile frameworks (e.g., Scrum,
Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework) and practices (e.g., conducting
daily stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog management).
- Assess and enhance team agility and maturity by developing
coaching plans and conducting maturity assessments.
- Coach individuals and teams (including scrum masters and
product owners) to facilitate adoption and improvement in agile
methodologies and principles.
- Establish and ensure adoption of standards, ceremonies, and
best practices for agile ways of working.
- Provide guidance and facilitate sprint and release planning
sessions, and other agile ceremonies as needed.
- Challenge existing workflows and processes and remove
impediments to agile teams' success.
- Facilitate the organization's transition to a continuous
delivery model and adoption of an agile mindset across
- Monitor and communicate progress of agile teams' key metrics
(e.g., OKRs and KPIs) to stakeholders (e.g., IT and business
- Track metrics to surface potential problems and assist teams in
- Champion agile approaches, drive awareness of the agile
transformation, and gain stakeholder buy-in to expand adoption and
support agile approaches.
- Keep up to date with corporate policies, practices, and
industry trends concerning agile.
- Participate in the identification, collection, and reporting of
agile practice metrics and measurements to track progress.
- Assist with establishing communities of practice and developing
a culture of continuous improvement across teams.
- Maintain an involvement in industry agile communities to
continuously bring new methods and ideas to the
organization.Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the
United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment
visas.Qualifications:Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working as an agile coach,
scrum master, or a comparable role.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Agile certification (e.g. SAFe, Scrum)Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Deep expertise in agile methodologies, frameworks, and
- Experience coaching and mentoring individuals and teams and
facilitating training sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and resolve conflict
at the leadership and team level.
- Strong problem-solving skills that can be applied to resolve
complex business and technical challenges.
- Experience developing and tracking metrics and using them to
make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical
information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally
and in writing.
- Familiarity with agile planning tools (e.g., Jira,
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills,
technologies, and frameworks.Travel: Travel may be
required.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++For those candidates
located in Colorado or Connecticut, the salary range for this
position is: $150K +/- annual salary. We do not offer bonus pay for
this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges
aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or
employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an
average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances.
We will review specific salary information at the time of phone
screening based upon your location.The American Red Cross is a
diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of
collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a
competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including
health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible
spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off,
holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional
development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for
this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
- LI-EH1Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the
opportunity to make a difference every day.The American Red Cross
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.Interested in
Volunteering?Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American
Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our
workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can
make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you
and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross
relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to
help fulfill our lifesaving mission.Visit
redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our
most-needed volunteer positions.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights,
click here: Summary of Rights
Keywords: American Red Cross, Rock Hill , Agile Coach (work from home) (Chester), IT / Software / Systems , Chester, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!