Senior Technical Architect - Remote Possible
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company SummaryServiceMac is a new sub-servicing entity backed
by some of the leading practitioners of the mortgage servicing
industry. ServiceMac is focused on providing superior technology,
products, and services for the mortgage and real estate industries
backed by highly personalized service and support. Through
continuous innovation and acquisition, our offerings comprise of
personalized solutions that span the mortgage continuum and enhance
security, compliance, customer satisfaction, and profitability. Our
inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous
accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For - list for six consecutive years. We have also earned
awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+
employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best
places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a
great place to work, for all.Job SummaryEssential Functions
- Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized
phases of applications programming.
- Research, design, write, test and implement complex processes,
applications, and/or systems.
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction affecting
multiple groups/business units.
- Provide leadership by instructing, mentoring and training team
members within and outside the work group.
- Interact with and influence senior management on technical
matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating
time, and form of desired results.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and
- Responsible for quality assurance review.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based
on business needs.Job Complexities
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of technology
- Identifies problems, anticipates effects across business
communities, researches best practice alternatives, prepares
presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus
from a broad business community, and implements customized
- Troubleshoots and drives solutions on a wide variety of complex
- Works to define drive and implement broad based conceptual
issues.Supervision Received or Extended
- Acts independently under general direction.
- Regularly leads cross functional teams to implement multiple
technologies within a broad business function.
- Assigns work to cross functional team members and monitors
multiple project status and completion.
- Actively identifies issues, seeks out solutions and makes
recommendations to the broad business community to apply customized
solutions to solve business problems.Impact
- Individual is responsible to adhere to First American
Corporation's and department's compliance and information security
policies, practices, and procedures in the performance of the
- Participates with and heavily influences management for
deKnowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple technology areas at an expert level
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and
mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department and
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to
- Presentation skillsTypical Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experienceTypical Range of Experience
- 10+ years of directly related experienceLicense or
CertificationDisclaimerThe above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may
be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours
and/or responsibilities from time to time, as needed.#SRMACITFirst
American invests in its employees' development and well-being,
empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages
them to serve the communities where they live and work. First
American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal
opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Rock Hill , Senior Technical Architect - Remote Possible, IT / Software / Systems , Lancaster, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!