Talent Acquisition Specialist
Company: Pike Electric Company
Location: Fort Mill
Posted on: June 9, 2021
With a 75-year track record, Pike Corporation is a leading
provider of turnkey infrastructure solutions for electric and gas
utilities, as well as telecommunications companies. On the electric
side, Pike specializes in the engineering, construction,
maintenance and upgrade of transmission, distribution and
substation infrastructure. Our expertise ranges from traditional
and renewable grid assets and storage, to longer-range smart city
planning and implementation. Whether you are just starting out in
your career or have decades of experience, if you are looking to
make a difference through your job, we believe Pike may be the
right employer for you.
We are looking for a dynamic Talent Acquisition professional to
assist with identifying talent across the US. We need candidates
who have provided support in sourcing for skilled and professional
level applicants primarily in the Utility & Power field. This newly
created role utilizes their network and various HRIS sourcing tools
available to screen & select the most suitable applicants for
present and future job opportunities at Pike. This position also
attends job fairs at technical schools and universities. Building
strong collaborative relationships with hiring leaders and
department managers and becoming a trusted recruitment partner to
provide advice and guidance on Human Resources activities is an
- Responsible for the full cycle recruiting process, as needed,
for technical and non-technical utility and engineering candidates,
and ensuring a positive candidate experience.
- Identify potential and priority candidates by proactively
sourcing using personal and professional network, candidate
referrals, networking, and web sourcing.
- Work closely with the internal recruiting team to develop and
execute tactical & strategic sourcing strategies to create
appropriate candidate flow and pipeline to meet overall recruiting
- Collaborate with internal client groups to understand their
hiring needs, goals, and how it aligns with the overall business
- Responsible for the execution of the complete staffing process
from recruitment strategy, hiring manager interface,
requisitioning, candidate screening, coordination of hiring with
- Must have exceptional experience and positive results in
proactively recruiting candidates utilizing the latest software
tools and web sourcing including LinkedIn, Facebook, Indeed, etc.
as well through networking.
- Must have solid experience utilizing social media to promote
new jobs and communicate the positives of working for the
- Must possess a high level of initiative to continually expand
network through leveraging user groups, blogs, and networking
- Continuously explore new recruiting sources, job boards, and
forums to assist the company in quickly growing an expansive
- Maintain databases of local accredited schools for use in
- Identify short, medium and long -term resourcing issues. Build
and maintain files on regional area talent acquisition plans.
- Create, generate and distribute ad-hoc/special reports (job
costing, recruiting metrics etc.) to leadership.
- Travel to colleges and job fairs to recruit potential
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Required Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or 3-5 years'
experience in recruiting or related human resources field. Direct
experience recruiting or working in the utility/energy industry is
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure
manuals, operational procedures, etc.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute
rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret spread
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables
in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Social Media / Job Board recruiting experience-relationship
- Energetic and enthusiastic about recruiting and client
- Demonstrated experience with military and diversity recruiting
- Must be outgoing and self-motivated- excellent multi-tasking
- Must be Dependent, Efficient and able to successfully perform
under tight deadlines
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suites and
Internet/Social Sourcing tactics
- Experience with Oracle HCM, Taleo ATM and various other
business software packages
- Customer & Sales Oriented
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other
- Maintains confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and
reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not
substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
in typical office or administrative work). The employee may be
subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that
affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust,
mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a
diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Team-members may perform other related duties as required to meet
the ongoing needs of the organization.
Keywords: Pike Electric Company, Rock Hill , Talent Acquisition Specialist, Other , Fort Mill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!