Production Planner - COATEX, INC> Job
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and has no
This job is responsible for the production planning activities
at the Coatex site in Chester, SC. This includes managing raw
material inventories and purchasing, reactor scheduling, and
successfully communicating to key stakeholders in the business.
This role is also an integral part of the S&OP (Sales and
Operations Planning) process that is designed to optimize the
Supply Chain for the site.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Site Production Planning (40%):
- Create Production Orders for each reactor / kettle grade and
each reactor / kettle train and sequence the Production Orders into
an optimized Production Schedule in SAP.
- Publish Flash Report to stakeholders summarizing production and
inventory positions over previous 24 hours.
- Manage Finished Goods (FG) inventory to established working
- Assist in coordinating imports from Europe to balance site
production with the imports
Raw Material Management (30%)
- Review and maintain MRP exception messages daily and take
required action to resolve planning, scheduling and supply issues
for assigned facilities.
- Exception-Based Planning performed in accordance with managed
MRP master data. These tasks must incorporate and resolve
new/growth volumes, new product scale ups, product capability vs.
capacity matches, and optimized asset utilization (receiving,
reactor, kettle, storage, and loading).
- Release raw material requisitions and create Purchase Orders
daily to meet plant and assigned facility demands and in compliance
with inventory targets. Update raw material pricing and outline
agreements in SAP.
Supply & Operations Planning (20%)
- Work closely with purchasing, plant operations, and logistics
to ensure optimization of the supply chain (product flow and
- Communication with customer service or product manager to
prioritize the schedule to meet customer requirements.
- Run the Capacity Tool as required to assist in long term
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- This is a site-based full time position in Chester, SC
- Less than 5% travel is expected
- This position is a focal point and a liaison for Manufacturing
and Customer Service to optimize the site production planning
process and meet customer demand.
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory
and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and
Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety,
environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years' of experience in the planning manufacturing
- High school diploma or equivalent (required). BS Degree in
Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field
- Knowledge of materials management, supplier quality and
performance requirements, understanding of the productions
processes, and S&OP process.
- Knowledge of business methods, procedures, and the use of MRP.
Experience with SAP (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication
- APICS certification (preferred).
- Six Sigma, LEAN, and/or ISO experience (preferred)
DEMONSTRATED COMPETENCIES (DESCRIBE BEHAVIORS NECESSARY FOR
- Solid understanding of manufacturing, transportation and
- Ability to lead and influence process improvement
- Builds a climate of trust and creditability
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the
- Demonstrated influence management skills
- Proven ability to appropriately manage priorities
- Ability to influence and collaborate
Job Segment: Industrial, ERP, Law, Lean Six Sigma, SAP,
Manufacturing, Technology, Legal, Management
Keywords: Arkema, Rock Hill , Production Planner - COATEX, INC> Job, Other , Chester, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!