Electrical Mechanical Technician (2nd Shift)
Company: Omnova Solutions
Posted on: June 10, 2021
OMNOVA Solutions is now a part of Synthomer!
OMNOVA is now part of Synthomer, a global specialty chemicals
company and one of the world's major suppliers of aqueous polymers.
The combined organization creates a US$2.8 billion global
enterprise with a broad array of specialty products and services.
The acquisition provides an expanded geography for improved
customer proximity, greater scale to more efficiently produce and
distribute product, and increased breadth of products and
What are we looking for?
The Electro Mechanical Technician (EMT) works on a team
responsible for maintaining all electrical and mechanical equipment
necessary to operate the facility to produce a decorative laminate
film. This technician will be assigned to work alone or with a
group depending on the job requirements and be an active
participant in plant safety. This position will work from a daily
schedule, however must be flexible depending on the production
Your primary responsibilities:
Have a working knowledge of all procedures necessary to perform
- Safety First - Demonstrate/perform a commitment to safety by
actively participating in training, working safely, and
continuously working to improve the work environment.
- Make determinations on electrical malfunctions, solves problem
and recommend solutions for electrical, electronic and mechanical
equipment and systems.
- Perform skilled duties on, but not limited to motors, drives,
converters, controllers, circuit boars, relays, electronic or
electrical components, power distribution systems, lighting, HVAC
and general building utility services.
- Plan, layout, estimate and implement minor and major repairs,
changes or installations as needed.
- Work from schedules, drawings, schematics, manuals, written and
verbal instructions with standard maintenance practices to provide
timely service to all departmental equipment.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedule and perform associated
inspections, repairs, and installations.
- Fabricate parts within +/- .0003".
- Assist electrical repairs 120-480V, motor replacement, fuse
replacement, light fixtures, switches.
- Lathe and mill complex machine parts.
- Rebuild equipment as necessary, e.g.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and perform necessary repairs
associated with mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
- Valid Driver License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Forklift and Aerial lift experience
- 3 or more years of maintenance and electrical experience
- Able to regularly climb stairs and lift/carry up to 50
- Available to work all shifts as needed.
Qualifications that can set you apart
- SAP experience
- College courses and/or associates degree
- Electrical License
At Synthomer, we're redefining career development. You won't
find generic career tracks or cookie-cutter development programs
but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development.
We'll partner with you to provide the right experiences that build
your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Keywords: Omnova Solutions, Rock Hill , Electrical Mechanical Technician (2nd Shift), Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!