Position Summary: Responsible for upholding Earth Fares Vision,
Mission, Declaration and
Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the departments Standard
Works independently and in a team to ensure front and/or back of
the house food preparation
duties are complete to include but not limited to, food and
beverage preparation, maintaining
sanitation and safety standards and providing exceptional
customer service at all times. Prepared Foods Clerks will be cross
trained to work in all facets of Prepared Foods to include: deli,
juice bar, pizza/sandwich, and hot bar.
1) Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating
procedures and merchandising
guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety
and sanitation. Maintains
a positive and professional work environment
2) Production: Duties are not limited to: provide customer
service, to include opening, maintaining
product levels, cleaning case, and closing duties; determine
produce needs for par sheet
needs/orders; prepare food products as determined by Manager;
prepare and stock items, according to managers prep log, receive
payments and issue receipts, vouchers and credits to customers
while verifying proper security and loss prevention measures;
3) Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service and
performs miscellaneous job
related duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager or
Assistant Food Service
Manager. Attends required department and store-wide
4) Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by
implementing Earth Fare
merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Food Service
5) Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and
overall organization of the
department including all fixtures, storage, work stations,
freezers, and coolers.
6) Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
* Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and
Team Members at all
* Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
* Must be organized and pay close attention to detail. * Must be
able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary
duties within the department.
* Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal
instruction from the Food Service
Manager, Assistant Manager, and other store management.
* Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous
equipment (mixers, * slicers, ovens, etc.). * Willingness to work a
flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Flexibility to support sister stores in the same region when
business needs arise. * Must attend work on a regular and
predictable basis. * Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner
and in a constant state of alertness. * Must uphold Company
policies, including the anti-harassment program. * Must work in a
cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers
and the public. * Must uphold the highest standard of integrity,
honesty and ethical behavior. * Must work effectively and
efficiently under stressful conditions. * Must be able to work
varying shifts, including overtime.
1. Previous experience with food preparation/cooking in a
restaurant, bakery or catering
2. Experience working in a retail and/or customer service
oriented environment preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired
through levels of education and
experience, however, any equivalent combination of education
and/or experience, which
provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and
abilities to perform the essential duties
and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
1. Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer
2. May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme
3. May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise
associated with working in a
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item
weighs over 50 pounds the
Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the
2. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
3. Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
4. Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the