Manufacturing Supervisor 3:30p - 11:30p
Company: Circor International
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Manufacturing Supervisor 3:30p - 11:30p
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Pumps, N.A.
LOCATION: Monroe, NC
DIRECT REPORTING: Operations Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
CIRCOR International (NYSE: CIR) is one of the world's leading
providers of mission critical flow control products and services
for the Industrial and Aerospace & Defense markets. The Company has
a product portfolio of market-leading brands serving its customers'
most demanding applications. CIRCOR markets its solutions directly
and through various sales partners to more than 14,000 customers in
approximately 100 countries. The Company has a global presence with
approximately 3,200 employees and is headquartered in Burlington,
Massachusetts. For more information, visit the Company's investor
relations website at [ Link Removed ]
About CIRCOR Industrial
CIRCOR Industrial delivers a wide range of highly engineered
valve, pump and system solutions that are designed, manufactured,
marketed and supported by best-in-class, historically significant
product brands. We are the market leader and #1 global provider of
positive displacement pumps and specialty centrifugal pumps from
trusted brands, Allweiler, Houttuin, IMO, Tushaco, Warren and
Zenith. We are a global leader in highly engineered valve and flow
control products from trusted brands including CPC Cryolab, R.G.
Laurence, Leslie Controls, Pipeline Engineering, Rockwood
Swendeman, RTK, and Schroedahl.
About our facility in Monroe, NC An ISO 9001-approved quality
management system oversees production of high performance
industrial three-screw pumps and three-screw pumps for Naval combat
and support ships. This plant includes research and development. A
fabrication facility is an integral part of the operation and uses
qualified welders and weld procedures.
POSITION DETAILS - Shop Floor Supervisor 3:30p - 11:30p
The Supervisor (2nd shift) will be responsible for providing
supervision and leadership on second shift and direction to third
shift, while being an innovator of positive change that favorably
impacts safety, quality, profitability, inventory turns, on-time
delivery and lead-time.
This position reports to a Manager of Operations for the Monroe
Facility. Second shift hours are 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Monday -
- Tracks production plans and enforces quality standards.
Accomplishes results by communicating job goals and expectations;
planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching,
counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating,
and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Implements programs that improve labor efficiency, on-time
delivery, continuous quality improvement, safety work place, and
exceeds customer requirements.
- Provide coaching and training to develop and maintain a
motivated workforce capable of implementing and executing the
- Generates daily/weekly/monthly reports to effectively
communicate program contributions, on-time delivery, continuous
improvement efforts, and manufacturing issues and needs.
- Drives a culture that focuses on facts, tangible results and
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment; develop
personal growth opportunities.
- Achieves financial objectives by maximizing use of available
- Ensures efficient utilization of plant personnel and equipment
to meet productivity and cost effectiveness in meeting the plants
- Works with all functional departments to actively pursue
manufacturing excellence programs along with fostering a "one
Plant" partnership with peers to achieve aligned goals.
- Behaves continuously and consistently with desired CIRCOR
Operating System values, and characteristics.
- Communicates and facilitates meetings effectively.
- Identifies and resolves issues skillfully and in a timely
- Collaborate with team members to support continual improvement
of the CIRCOR EH&S Management System.
- Support and drive a Behavioral-based Safety Culture with a
focus on Safety as a Core Value within the Site.
- Assist with implementing site Training Plan. Create/update
training materials, as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate the completion of hazard assessments,
audits and inspections, including but not limited to Job Hazard
Analysis, PPE, ergonomic, machine guarding, confined space, fall
protection, and process risk assessments.
- Support development of appropriate rules, procedures and the
management of change process that reduce EH&S risks and
- Participate in incident investigations, root cause
determination and mistake-proofing actions as required.
- Create and deploy communications (alerts, toolbox talks, email,
etc.) to inform and educate employees.
- Support the site Security Plan, and Emergency Planning and
Response Process, compliance and legal requirements, and pollution
- Ability to work flexible shifts depending on the company needs.
Hours may range from 3pm to 3am.
- Ability to open and or secure and close the plant as
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with Lean tools and driving continuous
- Ability to effectively organize several distinct functions,
establish levels of responsibility, delegate appropriate authority
and review the work and performance of subordinates in a manner
conducive to efficient performance and high morale.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive and accurate reports,
forecasts, and communicate results across shifts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with all levels of employees, across all functions of
the organization including customers and suppliers.
- Familiarity and/or experience with manufacturing, machining,
team leadership, driving metric based performance, providing
feedback and driving continuous improvement.
Education & Experience
- BS in Engineering or technical discipline, 3+ years in a
manufacturing environment and/or equivalent work and leadership
- Experience in a supervisory role or with managing people.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans /
Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Circor International, Rock Hill , Manufacturing Supervisor 3:30p - 11:30p, Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!