Assistant Plant Controller
Company: SMC Global
Posted on: June 10, 2021
SMC Global a leading specialty chemical
supplier with global sourcing and production facilities, is looking
for an Assistant Controller - Plants.
The position will assist Director of Finance and Site Managers
in the analysis and control of plant costs and expenditures. Also,
assist in the development and monitoring of appropriate internal
controls and to ensure efficient and effective utilization of
resources and monies. The position will be based out of Kershaw,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a partner with Site Managers
- Perform control functions ensure adherence to financial
controls and approvals
- Prepare monthly P&L for each location
- Prepare monthly variance analysis, understand root cause and
drive for corrective action.
- Analyze inventory controls and establish procedures to maintain
- Prepare monthly budget for each location
- Provide budget and historic variance analysis on a monthly
- Assist management team with budget development for new
- Assist with Capital Expenditure sourcing and evaluate buy-lease
- Facilitate timely receipt of all invoices and information
requests by head office.
- Review for accuracy and approve all invoices prior to
submitting to head office for processing.
- Put together semi-monthly plant payroll
- Spearhead Cost Accounting initiatives.
- Supervise monthly physical inventories and
- Involvement in special projects as assigned. This will include
reviewing situations, devising project plan, implementing as well
as insuring appropriate training.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by Director of
Expected travel between various locations is approximately 30%
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in accounting
2+ years experience in public accounting or internal audit
Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
ERP system experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, financial accounting principles
and practices, specifically as they apply to costing, capital
expenditure, budgeting and internal reporting. Knowledge of cost
accounting is a big plus.
- In-depth knowledge of financial controls, processes, and
systems, as well as cost estimation and control, and budget
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal
- Ability to present and explain business and financial
information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others,
and gains understanding.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness
to challenge established practices and draw relevant
SMC offers a competitive benefit package,
including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Vacation and PTO Days,
and 401k .
SMC Global is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: SMC Global, Rock Hill , Assistant Plant Controller, Other , Kershaw, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!