Mathematics Teacher (9-12)
Company: Union County Public Schools
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Mathematics Teacher (Grades 9-12)
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to
develop students' skills and competence in basic and complex
mathematical principles, equations, formulas and calculations, as
well as an understanding of the application of mathematics in the
solution of practical problems.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Develops and administers mathematics curriculum consistent with
school district goals and objectives.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject
area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to
develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and
best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in mathematics, including concepts
such as real an imaginary numbers, formulas, calculations and
geometry, and promotes creative thinking and analysis in all
related subject areas.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of
mathematics to everyday existence and problem-solving.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress,
and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's
needs, including students with special needs.
- Maintains familiarity with district and North Carolina
standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to
maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete
record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities,
achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and
ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards
and school district policies, and establishes and maintains
standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional
learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially
within math department, and participates in faculty meetings and
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the principal
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers,
printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy,
as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning
- Knowledge of a wide range of mathematic subject areas,
including arithmetic equations, calculus, trigonometry, geometry,
and other related areas.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the
formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding
education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software
applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance
and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- North Carolina Teaching Licence
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education
discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade
FLSA Status: Exempt
Keywords: Union County Public Schools, Rock Hill , Mathematics Teacher (9-12), Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!