Supervisor, Maintenance - FULL TIME
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Overview: Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Supervises the general
operating maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds to
maintain proper care of the assigned community(s) in accordance
with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and
- Supervises scheduled maintenance on: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire
and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment,
and emergency pull cord equipment.
- Responds to maintenance requests by residents for items needing
repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical,
heating and replacing light bulbs.
- Supervises repairs and maintains vacated rooms in a timely
manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning carpets. Inspects
completed work for conformance to standards and policies.
- Ensures walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the
common areas of the community are properly maintained.
- Assists in the training of maintenance staff.
- Maintains positive communication with local fire Marshall,
building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other
jurisdictions governing the residence.
- Conducts in-service fire safety training for all
- Repairs walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the
common areas of the community(s).
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the
community(s) and determines the best course of action to correct
the problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential
exposure to hazardous chemicals used and takes necessary
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in
accordance with company policy.
- May directly supervise the maintenance technicians and building
engineers, to include delegating tasks, hiring, training,
evaluating performance, resolving disciplinary issues and
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); and one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Valid State Driver's License required for vehicle travel, as
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on
precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using
standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to
supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Ability to read and interpret documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of organization. Ability to apply common
sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving
several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Rock Hill , Supervisor, Maintenance - FULL TIME, Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!