Company: Koppers Inc.
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Take a lead role in monitoring and coordinating production
processes to effectively utilize equipment and materials to
maximize production. Support the startup of new installations and
operations of existing processes.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times, performing
all required SH&E responsibilities.
- Executes tasks using recognized and generally accepted good
engineering practices including industry codes and standards
- Participates in operational and mechanical trouble shooting in
all process areas in the plant
- Process evaluation, testing and improvements
- Design and implementation of process modifications, including,
but not limited to, safety, throughput, and energy efficiency
- Implement process control improvements
- Conduct raw materials yield and improvement studies
- Conduct energy yield and improvement studies
- Ability to set up and facilitate process hazard analyses
- Develop/compile operating instructions & equipment
specification for production activities.
- Provide training and guidance to operation team members to
accomplish production goals
- Develops and interacts with the computerized maintenance
- Develops pro-active engineering solutions based on RCFA
- Supports the safe start-up of new equipment and processes.
Evaluate equipment installation and start-ups
- Provides project management support for equipment / system
- Proficient in the use of ChemCAD for process modeling
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, chemical engineering
preferred; advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a chemical plant
- Technical training in chemical and process operations
- Strong production systems analytical skills
- Strong equipment / process technical knowledge
- Strong Organizational skills
- Able to perform mathematical equations necessary for position's
- Strong Team Leadership Skills
- Able to learn, understand & support company policies and
- Able to recognize and communicate to management any
difficulties or problems as related to this position's essential
duties and responsibilities
- Strong computer base skills - MS Office
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information,
ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or
any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by
any applicable state or local law.
Keywords: Koppers Inc., Rock Hill , Process Engineer, Other , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!