Instructional Design Specialist
Location: Fort Mill
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Compensation: To $33/hr
Job Overview - 29590
Global manufacturing company is seeking an Instructional
Designer who is creative and agile and will be instrumental in the
design, development, and deployment of training for domestic
manufacturing plants. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
The Instructional Designer has a significant and influential
role ensuring there is focus on developing training solutions for
various groups on the shop floor to analyze and develop needed
technical training solutions, which includes the development of
classroom, and On-the-Job Training material and evaluations.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with stepping into the
ambiguity of building a training program from the ground up.
Demonstrated experience with applying adult learning principles,
producing just-in-time training content. In addition to partnering
with Subject Matter Experts to design and develop training
programs, by leveraging existing learning resources or by
designing/developing new content, you will also assist with overall
learning strategy, curriculum design, and internal
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with subject matter experts and other key stakeholders
to identify learning needs, target audience, measurable objectives,
and desired outcomes; design/develop and recommend learning
solutions to support business needs.
- Able to develop curricula using rapid instructional design
methodology, and various delivery mediums that consider pre- and
post-activities to ensure learning is continuous, effective and
applied, with metrics to quantify impact.
- Ensure training content is clear, accurate, consistent, high
quality and maintains the instructional integrity of learning and
sound instructional principles.
- Develop curriculum templates to ensure all training programs
are consistent. Deliver scalable solutions that help us serve a
global customer base.
- Manage multiple complex curricula development projects
- Facilitate walk-through of course content with SME's and key
business stakeholders prior to go-live for final publishing
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning programs and make
- Stay current on learning and design trends and advancements to
recommend innovative learning solutions; and research, evaluate,
test, and recommend new learning solutions and technology.
- Serve as an SME and educator to other L&D training
teammates to help develop technical skill.
- Bachelor's degree in Educational Technology, Instructional
Design or related field.
- Master's preferred with three to five years of corporate
- Industry experience in manufacturing
- Preferred requirements: Pneumatics/hydraulics, Fluid systems,
Electricity/electronics, Assembly lines, automation or
- Superb communication (written/verbal), innovative, results
oriented, highly organized, collaborative and adaptable -
comfortable wearing multiple hats: consulting, design, development,
facilitating, and partnering up, down, and across the
ABOUT OUR PROCESS
We will notify you if you are selected as a candidate for this
role. If not, but your resume fits one of our specializations, we
will retain your resume for future openings, and we encourage you
to apply for other Sherpa roles that you are qualified for and
Non-Local Candidates: Please note that you are competing with
local candidates who don't require relocation expenses and can
start quickly, so let us know if you have plans to move to the area
Candidates for all Sherpa opportunities must be authorized to
work in the United States.
Sherpa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LEARN MORE ABOUT
Visit our Website | Explore our Career Opportunities
Keywords: Sherpa, Rock Hill , Instructional Design Specialist, Other , Fort Mill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!