Yard Truck and City Driver
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a Yard Truck Driver, you will be operating a Yard Truck/ to
transport trailers safely to designated locations, while adhering
to all regulations (e.g., company, local, state and federal).
- Attention to detail is required while maintaining records, logs
and forms, including any forms required by the Department of
- Operating a Yard Truck off the facility property will be
As a City Driver, you will be operating a tractor trailer
delivering trailer loads of merchandise to stores.
- You will be required to maintain records by retaining
load-related paperwork, electronic logs (e.g., hours of service
log) and forms (e.g., forms required by the Department of
Transportation, local, state and federal agencies).
- Safety, accuracy and attention to detail are critical to these
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment to ensure safety
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and standards of
ethics and integrity
- Performed additional duties as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs, and conducts preventative maintenance on DC
equipment and building in safe and correct ways.
- Repairs items in a timely manner and utilizes established
repair policies and procedures.
- Tells management about dirty and harmful working conditions and
- Tells management when tools and supplies required for
performing repairs on DC equipment are unavailable or broken.
- Utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to
perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage,
identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner.
- Safely and correctly performs facility upkeep activities (e.g.,
cleaning, maintain internal areas of the facility, operate
sweeper/scrubber) and follows these requirements when doing own
work in a timely and effective manner.
- Spots unsafe working conditions, poor products, and improper
service procedures in the facility, and reports them to management
with ideas for how to fix the problem.
- Ensures facility upkeep equipment is in proper working order
and supplies are organized and stocked.Comply with company
policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Performed additional duties as assigned
Yard Driver and City Driver positions will require specific
qualifications to be met in order to compete for these
Yard Driver- Off Property (Driving off facility property)
- Valid state-issued driver's license
- Will obtain Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within 6
months of job entry date and will maintain it while employed in
- Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat
endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain
HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120
calendar days of date of hire.Minimum of 30 months experience
working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in
the previous 3 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a
personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3)
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial
motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving
involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents while operating a commercial motor
vehicle in the last three (3) years. (The preventability of
any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents (collisions
resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment
away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in
the last ten (10) years. (The preventability of any accidents
will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
- No preventable accident resulting in a fatality or
catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
(The preventability of any accidents will be determined by
Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
Keywords: Wal-Mart, Rock Hill , Yard Truck and City Driver, Other , Pageland, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!