SVP, Fintech Partnerships and Investments
Company: LPL Financial
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The Wealth Management Solutions team is responsible for
delivering a highly competitive set of 3rd party financial
technology solutions. This includes leading the development of the
strategy on integrations and partnerships with vendors; and also on
potential M&A and venture capital opportunities. The team s
goal is to enhance our advisors and investors experience while
helping to improve our firm s economic and risk profiles.The focus
of the new Fintech Partnerships and Investments team and this role
is to create and execute on the vision for how we connect with 3rd
party technologies. This includes understanding industry trends,
emerging technologies, and the evolving compliance and risk
responsibilities to position LPL as an industry Fintech leader.
This will also require building an exceptional team that
consistently executes at a high level, and developing strong
partnerships across the firm to achieve our strategic
- Work closely with sales, product, legal, compliance and
operations to develop strategic roadmap and drive outcomes on our
3rd party technology strategy.
- Identify and analyze related industry trends, and form product
strategies targeted to compete in a rapidly changing
- Build an industry leading fintech experience that will
differentiate LPL and is flexible enough to serve the unique needs
of individual advisors, investors and institutions.
- Analysis of tech marketplace and ability to quickly develop
insights on applicability to LPL.
- Strategic evaluation of fintech M&A or investment
- Manage corporate venture capital arm in partnership with
targeted VC s.
- Manage fintech related compliance and risk initiatives.
- Oversee a small team dedicated to evolving the 3rd party
- Maintain documentation of the processes related to 3rd party
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships to ensure accurate and
timely delivery of capabilities.
- Employ operating metrics to track capacity, trends, risk
management, and productivity. Develop management reporting tracking
progress to goals, and plans to address business challenges.
- Matrix manage across LPL.
- Build strong partnerships within IIS, and across Technology,
Compliance & Legal, and Service & Trading teams.
- Provide consulting support to Sales, Business Consulting and
Business Development to help advisors adopt
- Bachelor s degree required; CFA or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience preferred in financial technology,
preferably with experience in wealth management, asset management,
M&A, venture capital investments or a closely related business
managing strategic or transformational change.
- Practical knowledgeable on the fintech landscape, including
familiarity with competitors, platform/ product trends and industry
regulation and subject matter expertise of major workflow
- Industry credibility and a strong network within the fintech
- Demonstrated leadership managing change across large and
- Strong collaborator and consensus builder who drives change to
achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience building and communicating a strategy, defining and
building out a roadmap, prioritizing projects according to business
need and producing business models.
- Commitment and self-motivation suitable to a start-up team in a
- Executive presence and effective communicator with excellent
written communication skills.
- Management experience and a servant leadership mindset.Why
LPL?-- At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a
fundamental need for everyone. As the nation s leading independent
broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary
technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide
you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and
growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and
the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing
potential.We are--one team on one mission. We take care of our
advisors, so they can take care of their clients.Because our
company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the
opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting
workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and
backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and
we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an
environment in which you can do your best work.Want to hear from
our employees on what it s like to work at LPL? --Watch this!We
take social responsibility seriously. Learn more hereWant to see
info on our benefits?-- Learn more hereJoin the LPL team and help
us make a difference by turning life s aspirations into financial
realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this
position. Principals only. EOE.Information on Interviews:LPL will
only communicate with a job applicant directly from an
@lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview
online or in a chatroom forum.-- During an interview, LPL will not
request any form of payment from the applicant, or information
regarding an applicant s bank or credit card.-- Should you have any
questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL s
Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
Keywords: LPL Financial, Rock Hill , SVP, Fintech Partnerships and Investments, Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!