Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: Flowserve supports repairs of Nuclear Pump Equipment at
our Quick Response Center. The opportunity is based out of
Charlotte, NC with up to a 15% amount of travel required to support
contaminated pump and seal repairs at other locations. This
position provides hands-on support for repairs, refurbishment, and
assembly of pump product for customers in the nuclear utility
market. Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses, medical
benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays,
pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Perform machining on manual and
CNC machines to effect repairs of pumps and pump product in a clean
or radiologically contaminated work shop. Additionally will assist
with disassembly, inspection, and reassembly efforts on the
repaired product. Work in a high-stakes environment, with an eye
towards minimizing Human Error via:
- Procedural Use and Adherence
- Questioning Attitude
- Robust Peer and Self Checks Additional responsibilities
- Fill out job and test specification sheets accurately and
- Report all departures from specification per Non-Conformance
Report and assist in disposition.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of routing/work instructions
and supporting documentation prior to sending for closeout.
- Maintain calibration of instrumentation of tooling
- QC (inspection) Technical support
- Verify QA hold points are not bypassed and coordinate with
customer to witness hold points.
- Maintain standards and procedural compliance
- Advise supervisor of issues that affect project schedules
- Proactively communicate project issues to management.
- Provide feedback on project schedule, problems and tasks.
- Identify and support Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Develop/Diversify skill sets.
- Accurately and timely document all information required to
provide objective quality evidence.
- Verify calibration of instrumentation prior to use and if
accuracy is in question.
- Identify Safety concerns and follow safety requirements
- Clear communication of safety, expectations, procedural
compliance and technical issues,
- Maintain shop housekeeping.
- Ensure all Foreign Material Exclusion / Cleanliness concerns
are addressed. Preferred Experience / Skills:
- High School Diploma is required, additional education or
technical training is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Working knowledge of the Flowserve Corporation product line is
- Ability to occasionally work in radiologically contaminated
- Experience with mechanical pumps.
- Experience with machine tools.
- Experience machining on manual machines such as lathes, mills,
ID and OD grinders.
- Experience with dimensional and visual inspection.
- Experience with non-destructive examination.
- Computer literacy with standard Windows programs.
- Strong technical experience & customer-focus.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to organize & prioritize responsibilities. Primary
Posting Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US Job Posting
Category: Operations Job Advertising Title: Machinist Employment
Type: Full time Country: United States Auto req ID:
52221BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or
protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn
more.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Accessibility Process. id="detrack" defer
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Rock Hill , Machinist, Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!