Seasonal Heavy Equipment Operator- Temp-to-Hire
Company: Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical
day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth
opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an
important role in providing innovative solutions for today's
gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve
operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were
founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing.
Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform
for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that
we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next
generation of leaders.
We're looking for 1st and 2nd shift Heavy Equipment Operators for
our Chester, SC mulch and soil manufacturing facility.
* Starting pay rate is $17.90/hr based on experience
* 1st Shift is from 6:00AM-2:30PM- plus longer shifts and Saturday
work during busy season
* 2nd Shift is from 2:00PM-10:30PM- plus longer shifts and Saturday
work during busy season
* You will be hired initially as a Scotts seasonal employee for a
fixed time period up to 90 days. Consistent attendance habits and
satisfactory job performance can result in a conversion to a Scotts
full-time employee if there is an open position to fill.
The Heavy Equipment Operator prepares organic mixes using a heavy
equipment loader, pushes or relocates piles to ensure segregation
of materials. Supplies production with a continuous supply of
material. Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat, turns
stockpiles, extinguishes small fires and ensures the proper amount
of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use.
What you'll do in this role:
* Operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy
equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders,
compactors, snowblowers and other pieces of equipment.
* Clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by
management and company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Ability to work in a dusty, dirty environment.
* Ability to work in all weather elements, including heat and
* Ability to lift 50 pounds.
* Physical ability to climb in and out of equipment.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time.
* Ability to safely operate heavy equipment.
* Qualifications for the position
* Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
* One or more years of experience using medium and/or heavy
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
* First pick to transition when we have open full time
* Unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%) from DAY 1 and vested
* Generous holiday schedule
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future
opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne
Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval
to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts
Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding
recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Keywords: Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, Rock Hill , Seasonal Heavy Equipment Operator- Temp-to-Hire, Other , Chester, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!