Company: CIRCOR International, Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Senior MetallurgistCIRCORMonroe, NCThe Senior Metallurgist
position will report to the Director of Engineering for Pumps USA
and will manage all aspects of materials involving the use and
treatments of manufactured or purchased parts. This includes
welding, coatings and heat treatment processes. Experience of
materials will not be limited to metals but also include materials
of any kind as required for the design and manufacturing
processes.As the Senior Metallurgist you will oversee the
initiation, planning, monitoring, reporting and closure of large
material development and new/emerging associated technology
projects. You will coordinate with a cross-functional team of
resources (Product Management, Strategic Marketing, Engineering,
Operations, Supply Chain) for execution and budget to exceed
project requirements. You will use your materials associated
technologies expertise to drive execution and contribute to
strategy development around enhancing capabilities. -You Will:
- Be the Materials Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Industrial
Group including all pump and valve products.
- Provide independent technical leadership in materials and
associated technologies across manufacturing sites and all product
- Investigate and match new technologies to product development
needs to support substantial business growth in all served end
- Provide technical leadership to establish partnerships with
external technical communities including universities, technical
consultants and research companies.
- Develop technical material projects of varying complexity based
on commercial needs and proposed technical solution.
- Find and address cost and technical risks involving material
recommendations, developments and substitutions.
- Partner with Industrial leadership team to develop advance
material capabilities and technologies strategy and drive execution
based on best practice.You Have:
- 5+ Years leading cross-functional teams on complex material
technology and associated technology projects.
- Experience managing material technology projects with
engineering and production located across multiple global
- Experience in manufacturing and machining processes with
companies that produce metal products
- Experience with lean principles or business-system
- Typically requires a minimum level of knowledge that is
acquired through a four-year college degree in an applicable field
and five years related experience OR equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Background in Welding, Castings and Heat Treatments processes
and corrosion prevention.
- Knowledge of fluid handling equipment (mechanical
- Practical knowledge of Military certifications and audits.
- Experience in 3D printing materials.
- Must have a valid passport; travel both international and
domestic, up to 10%. -Our Benefits:
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- Work Life Balance
- Career Development
- Other Benefits & PerksAbout CIRCOR:CIRCOR International (NYSE:
CIR) is one of the world's leading providers of mission critical
flow control products and services for the Industrial and Aerospace
& Defense markets. We have a product portfolio of market-leading
brands serving its customers' most demanding applications. CIRCOR
markets its solutions directly and through various sales partners
to more than 14,000 customers in approximately 100 countries. We
have a global presence with approximately 3,200 employees and is
headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. For more information,
visit our investor relations website at CIRCOR.com -CIRCOR is an
equal opportunity employer, which means we will not discriminate
against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin,
age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, military or veteran status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment
relationship, from recruiting and hiring through separation. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to providing and fostering an
inclusive workplace for all our team members.
Keywords: CIRCOR International, Inc, Rock Hill , Senior Metallurgist, Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!