Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: May 15, 2022
International automotive parts manufacturer has an opening for a
Materials Planner who will lead in building supplier relationships
and ensuring the uninterrupted supply of materials to support
customer demand. They will also plan and compile records related to
the ordering, receiving, storing, issuing and shipping of
materials, supplies and equipment. This position deals with
all the inherent problems of insuring timely delivery of productive
material required for all manufacturing departments on a daily
basis. Specific responsibilities include:
- Interpret company policies to teams and enforce safety
- Prepare requisitions or other document for the purchase of new
or additional productive stock.
- Participate in pre-award meetings with suppliers.
- Compile data from sources such as purchase orders, invoices,
requisitions, customer order boards, and various Oracle
Assist in inventory control through proper working of the material
planning tools available in the Oracle database.
- Assist in the purchase of shipping and packaging materials for
service and shipping department i.e. cartons, pallets, film,
- Schedule and expedite material as per plant
- Root cause analysis of any customer complaints or material
- Represent Materials on PIE events, Kaizen events, 8D for DMNs,
and Continuous Improvement/Safety teams.
- Advocate of VMI/POC initiatives.
- Inform vendor of current requirements and if necessary,
- Individual may be required to work daily and/or weekend
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5
years manufacturing work experience plus:
- Experience in one or more of the basic material fields such as
expediting, planning/scheduling, purchasing, or inventory
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- APICS Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry a plus.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Rock Hill , Materials Planner, Other , York, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!