Posted on: June 21, 2022
Immediately hiring for a Production Planner/Buyer role in
Pageland SC. Positions are open due to growth!Summary: The
Production Planner/Buyer is accountable for coordinating raw
materials purchasing, production scheduling and shipping to ensure
a smooth production flow consistent with customer
requirements.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives orders from sales offices and customers, checks for
accuracy, commits to inventory based on availability of materials,
customer needs and production schedules.
- Establishes production plans and priorities based on customer
requirements. Plans daily work schedule for hourly personnel in
accordance with production plans, customer needs, and overall
- Coordinates customer shipping with sales offices and carriers.
Expedites shipping and deliveries as required to meet customer
needs. Plans daily loading schedules for truck and rail cars.
Prepares loading combinations for shipping finished product.
Coordinates shipping of non-inventory items.
- Coordinates interplant transfers of materials and informs Sales
personnel and plant personnel as to material availability,
production schedules, shipping schedules, and related
- Maintains material inventory levels within pre-established
objectives. Removes shipped material from records, and orders
materials as required to meet production needs. Prepares various
- Coordinates order changes in production scheduling and
shipping. Resolves daily problems with regard to material
rejections and production changes due to equipment breakdowns.
- Prepares material and product certificates. Coordinates
inspections and material sampling as required by various government
or representative agencies.
- Ensures policies are communicated to production
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Continue learning new technology and techniques to reduce
redundancy and recommend new cost saving ideas when possible.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Strong prioritization, planning, reporting, and organization
- Able to work constructively in a fast paced, multi-tasking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.Desired Skills:
- Solid expertise in developing creative solutions in a
- Prior MRP experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively between multiple department
- Ability to meet strict deadlines within a fast-paced
- Previous experience supply chain planning.
- High attention to detail and escalate errors to
Keywords: Adecco, Rock Hill , Buyer/Planner, Other , Pageland, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!