Brake Assembly Operator
Company: Meritor Inc
Posted on: June 24, 2022
To perform required work assignments in the Brakes Fab Shoe area,
with Brake assembly and other machine loading responsibilities.
* Assure correct parts are being used by comparing part numbers
stamped on parts to part numbers on Work in Progress ticket.
* Operate and perform the job by reading and understanding the
control plan, work instructions and bill of materials. Assure
tooling is acceptable for use by inspecting for wear.
* Operate various pieces of production equipment within the plant
by observing correct operation procedures according to work
instructions, loading the machine with raw material and unloading
the equipment once the process has been completed.
* Train other operators by demonstrating proper techniques,
explaining processes and advising of proper forms to complete.
* Check part dimensions by using various gauges and recording
information on proper forms.
* Check part dimensions by gathering information on blueprints.
* Deliver completed parts to next stage or warehouse by using fork
lifts, pallet jacks, carts or hand trucks. Maintain production
records by recording data onto forms.
* Sign off on completion of process by initialing the Bracket
* Determine if machine is ready for use by checking the Machine
Setup Inspection Approval Sheet.
* Place defective parts in correct locations according to specific
* Trouble shoot equipment by noticing issues and discussing with
setup person or other supervision.
* Clean parts by loading into parts washer, monitoring parts
through the washer, and unloading from parts washer into totes.
Check assembly for quality by using go-no-go gauges.
* Make adjustments to equipment by using hand tools such as
wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, and other tools. Track hourly
performance and downtime on hour by hour boards.
* A High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
* Candidate must have at least six months experience in a
production based setting
Physical and Mental Demands:
* Constant standing and movement (bending, stooping, lifting) to
perform the various functions required.
* Use of overhead hoist or lift truck may be required in making
some set ups as well as the use of air tools.
* Exercise sound judgment in reacting to problems inherent to the
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Meritor Inc, Rock Hill , Brake Assembly Operator, Other , York, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!