Fleet Mechanic - $5k Sign-On Bonus!
Company: US Foods
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Join Our Community of Food People! -Ready to build a career with
a company thats leading the foodservice industry? Join Our
Community of Food People! -*****$5K SIGN ON BONUS****** -The
mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and
maintenance of the Fleet road equipment including tractor, trailer,
thermo-king, converter dolly and maintenance vehicles. - Ensure
compliance with all State and Federal trucking regulations.
Mechanics will also be responsible for the documentation,
completion, and to keep current the maintenance logs for all
repairs and parts used daily. - The position will be required to
perform road rescue as needed. -We help YOU make it! -Benefits:
- medical, dental, & vision
- Life insurance
- Strong safety culture
- Benefits start day ONE, stellar local leadership, best place to
work! -US Foods -is one of the largest food distributors with a
culture and history of promoting from within, excellent training
programs and a continuous improvement focus. - - -ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all
required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers,
bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport
equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the
Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with
workplace safety rules and regulations and government
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and
- Performs other duties as assigned. -QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. -Related
- Desired (3) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a
heavy-duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a
combination of both; or (3) years verifiable hands-on experience
with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier
Refrigeration Certification or both.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations pertaining to
the shop and fleet.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with
co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a
fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and
- Must be able to work overtime when needed -Schedule: Sunday
Thursday -11PM - 7:30 AM -***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higherPreferred
- 3+ years of experience in the transportation industry
Keywords: US Foods, Rock Hill , Fleet Mechanic - $5k Sign-On Bonus!, Other , Pineville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!