Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Proven to Perform.
From the edges of space to the bottoms of ocean, our materials are
proven to perform -- and so is our team. We're hiring high
performers as proven as our products. Join us.
The Conditioning Associate will perform a variety of tasks in the
conditioning department and acquire skills on the shop floor
through cross training and job rotations. Associate will perform
the summarized jobs listed below.
Band saw operator
* Operate band saw to cut variety of materials following
established methods and procedures
* Operate hand grinder to grind a variety of material to meet
requirements of procedures
* Work from mill orders and procedures to cut billets, ingots,
bars, shapes and other material to specified lengths, weights,
and/or cut material sample from products for metallurgical use
* Stamp or mark and identify all pieces of material following
established procedures and practices
* Perform a variety of non-destructive testing and inspection
duties on high temperature alloys following established methods and
* Maintain all required records and reports.
* Prepare inspection reports and documents in prescribed form and
* Identify alloy to insure ordered specifications.
* Mark and identify defective items following accepted
* Check completed items for compliance with pertinent dimensional,
hardness, material coding and identification, general hardness and
* Release accepted materials for packing.
* Operate the peeler to peel billets and bars to the described
dimensional tolerances for superalloy, steel and titanium
* Control and adjust tools, through speeds, and other machine
parameters to maintain specified precision tolerances and surface
* Maintain continuous surveillance of material as it exits the
peeler to detect defects, determine the cause, and correct by
making machine adjustments
* Maintain various operating supplies such as: carbide inserts,
bushings, etc. Necessary for the daily operations of the
* Operate polisher to polish a variety of high temperature alloy
billets and bars to obtain proper surface finish for ultrasonic
inspection or for shipment to customers
* Work form mill orders instructions, schedules, verbal
instructions, and other data to polish billets and bars per
* Load and secure proper material on the polisher table
* Change polishing belts, remove swarf, perform and assist in
maintenance, and move material to designated locations upon
completion of the polish operation
* Detect and report defective material and improper equipment
operations to supervision
* Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition
* Follow all safety regulations
Shipping and Receiving
Essential job tasks:
* Assist, direct, check, and instruct employees to ensure proper
and timely shipment of production orders to Allvac customers and
* Work from mill orders, sales orders, purchase orders, and
schedules to plan and execute packing and shipping of customer
* Work with quality, labs, sales, and production departments in
order to ensure proper documentation and compliance to
specifications prior to shipment.
* Maintain daily productivity records and reports.
* Issue weekly and monthly management reports.
* Procure transportation to the desired location in compliance with
customer specifications and mill instructions and technical
* Choose the highest quality and least cost transportation
* Maintain approved levels of supplies and initiate requisitions as
* Issue released to suppliers for blanket orders.
* Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
* Separate previous day bill of ladings into individual copies.
* Compare previous day bill of ladings to order entry data and
determine if a shipment is partial or complete, mark the bill of
lading accordingly and distribute the bill of lading copies to the
* Compile all documents from mill order traveler jackets for
previous day shipments and distribute them to appropriate
* Separate the previous days shipping weight tickets and distribute
them to the appropriate personnel.
* Material handling.
* Follow all safety rules and procedures.
* Perform any other duties as required or directed by
* High School diploma or GED.
* Manufacturing experience preferred
We thrive when the expectations are great, and the barriers are
high. We're solving the world's most difficult challenges through
materials science. Our advanced, integrated process technologies
and proven performers give us a tremendous competitive advantage.
When customers systems need to fly higher, dig deeper, stand
stronger, and last longer -- anywhere on, above or below the earth
-- ATI is proven to perform.
* It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any
of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability
status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The
company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an
applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Keywords: ATI Metals, Rock Hill , Manufacturing Associate, Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!