Senior Buyer Planner
Company: CIRCOR International, Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Sr. Buyer Planner
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Industrial
LOCATION: Monroe, NC
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr Manager, Supply Chain
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Supply Chain
POSITION DETAILS - Sr. Buyer/Planner
The role of Sr. Buyer/Planner will focus on the procurement of
technical, highly engineered components for assigned commodities to
support new product development and manufacturing product lines.
The Sr Buyer will ensure adherence to corporate standards,
operational plans and Procurement goals including: RFQ's,
negotiations, cost accountability, purchase order placement,
resolution of supply issues to meet customer demand, resolution of
invoicing issues, project execution, and attainment of Key Process
Indicators (KPIs). The Sr Buyer will be responsible for determining
sourcing options, supplier capability, make/buy analysis, cost
analysis, planning levels, inventory accuracy, and maintaining
material master/information records in the IFS ERP system.
This role requires the ability to work in a fast paced,
manufacturing environment with constant changes, manage several
projects at once, demonstrating the ability to come up with
creative approaches to complex challenges. This role requires
commitment to developing strong relationships internally and
externally with a global team of commodity managers, buyers, and
suppliers focused on meeting the needs of our customers while
accomplishing the strategic and financial objectives of CIRCOR.
- NOTE: all "Principal Activities" can be applied to both Product
and Non-product procurement activities.
- Perform analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and
historical material usage to develop and execute make to order,
stock to order and build to forecast plans.
- Manage MRP parameters to ensure appropriate supply pipeline and
inventory is available to meet customer demand and sudden changes
in the production schedule.
- Create Purchase Orders, review daily the open purchase order
report to resolve late and partial shipments with suppliers and
update the MRP system.
- Review daily the Exception report and expedite material as
- Resolve incoming shipment discrepancies and invoice
discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Attend daily production meetings and project meetings to
provide updates and take immediate action on critical
- Ensure accuracy of supplier/item master data including UOM,
unit price, delivered lead-time.
- Prepare documentation for and submit RFQ's, analyze the price,
lead time, terms, and adherence to technical
- Partner with the Commodity Managers on the Global Supply Chain
Team to identify new suppliers with cost savings opportunities
while ensuring Total Cost of Ownership, quality, and delivery
objectives are met.
- Analyzes and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance
with contractual obligations.
- Ensure supplier compliance with stocking programs such as
Kanban, JIT, etc.
- Manage and develop suppliers thru KPI target reviews for
on-time delivery, PPM, invoice discrepancies and service levels
with goal of continuous improvement.
- Communicate supplier pricing issues to the Purchasing Manager
in a timely manner.
- Ability to teach teammates skills they may not currently
- Seek cost saving opportunities and develop methods to reduce
overall costs with existing supply base. Seek improvements in
lead-time and quality.
- Follow corporate and departmental SOP's; monitor/take action on
- Creates and maintains various departmental reports.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Generate, document and implement savings to contribute to the
success of the business and makes results transparent.
- Understanding of overall materials flow and other Supply Chain
functions; Knowledge and understanding of global market
- Strong negotiation skills, price analysis, and make buy
- Experienced with domestic and international sourcing, supplier
selection, supplier qualification, and managing/developing supplier
- Strong planning and analytical skills; experienced working with
MRP in an ERP environment - IFS preferred, but not
- Ability to extract data from ERP and analyze it to make key
decisions and to utilize it to present either historical, current,
or future state to management at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge of inventory management concepts in a lean
- Experience in reviewing and understanding basics of technical
documents (drawings, prints, specifications, etc.) as required for
- Experience in High Mix-Low Volume custom fabricated material
- Experience in buying metals, motors, pumps, and rotors is a
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams within a highly
- Project management skills including the ability to prioritize,
balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal
- Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes workflow; can
orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal
adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple
priorities with a high sense of urgency in a dynamic business
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal
skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a
variety of media, tactful, confident, at all global levels,
internal and external.
- High ethical standards per CIRCOR Code of Conduct & Business
Ethics and CIRCOR Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office suite
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel: pivot tables,
VLOOKUP's, advanced formula's, macros are a plus.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Language Skills: Ability to read, and interpret documents such as
safety rules, contracts, invoices, bills of lading, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write proposals, reports, and correspondence
for global distribution that is lucid, clear, and concise. Ability
to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Ability to read, interpret, and analyze general
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with standardized mathematical
formulas. Ability to calculate figures such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, proportions, discounts, interest, commissions,
and apply to practical situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an associate may encounter while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management,
Engineering or a related discipline
- 5 to 10 years' experience purchasing for a manufacturing
facility or lean environment.
- Proficient working in MRP system in manufacturing
- Professional procurement or material certification is a
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans /
Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: CIRCOR International, Inc, Rock Hill , Senior Buyer Planner, Other , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!