Full Stack Developer
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Why USAA? Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special!
We are looking for a dedicated Bank Agile Product Owner to work
with Bill Pay and Funds Transfer modernization efforts across
multiple product lines.
Works directly with the Bank agile team to prioritize work to
derive business outcomes while delivering on Bank agile team
commitments and ensuring the voice of the customer is strongly
represented. Accountable for making decisions and prioritizing the
Bank agile team backlog to drive business outcomes in service to
the Business strategy. Acts as 'voice of the end-user'. Brings a
data-driven approach to decisions and impediment removal including
strategic priorities and funding allocation. Sets product / value
stream direction and ensures it is aligned with key partners across
the organization. Establishes a Bank agile team culture routed in
visibility and learning, for seeking opportunities for testing &
learning, continuous Bank agile team/process improvement and
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the
following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ;
Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
results. The Opportunity What you'll do:
- Partners with Bank agile team to develop, translate and drive
the vision and strategy to key collaborators and Bank agile team
members on Bank products to include member satisfaction. Leads the
Bank agile team in ensuring understand business requirements for
effective Bank product solutions.
- Partners with the Team-of-Team Lead to clarify and drive
alignment on the business strategy, goals, and objectives.
Translates this understanding into a clear vision for the Bank
agile team to inform the creation and prioritization of the Bank
agile team's backlog of work.
- Collaborates with stakeholders from the Bank and IT to
determine business needs required for implementing strategic goals
and deliver quality and innovative solutions.
- Partners with Team-of-Team Lead to define and clearly
communicate acceptance criteria for output based on business
requirements and customer needs. Drives execution of successful
objective implementation for Bank products and customer
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business;
requires an innovative, data-driven approach to decision making
including allocating funds and developing and tracking OKRs that
drive product success.
- Accountable for setting and delivering against Bank agile
- Acts as "voice of the end-user".
- Proactively seeks customer feedback to learn and better
understand their needs and requirements to ensure end user value is
delivered to the marketplace.
- Owns Bank agile team backlog (grooming, prioritization, and
- Is accountable for maintaining a groomed backlog of user
stories; works with the Bank agile team to estimate story size and
- Optimizes the flow of value by assisting the multi-Bank agile
team environment and progresses towards objectives, goals, and
commitments, while removing impediments, resolving conflicts, and
leading risks and issues that have a broad impact on the
- Is strategic and proactive in meeting required objectives.
- Acts in service of the Bank agile team's needs and goals;
coaches, engages and provides feedback to the Bank agile team on
work-in-progress; clarifies requirements, and takes a new way to
solving unique problems that may prevent the Bank agile team from
progressing on objectives.
- Identifies and drives opportunities for continuous Bank agile
team and process improvement. Leads projects with notable risk and
complexity; develops the strategy for project execution.
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product,
process or service improvements.
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program,
project or services; works within general functional policies and
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities. What you have:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4+ years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of experience in process improvement, project
delivery, business/requirements analysis or directly related to
supported business operations/product line.
- Knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies
(i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe) with a consistent record in using
these skills to develop and handle products through the entire
product life cycle.
- Expert experience in analyzing business requirements, process
flows and use cases to find opportunities to streamline business
processes in accordance with risk management framework and
- Expert understanding and demonstrated use of Process
Engineering methodologies and Change Management practices to
translate business requirements into functional
- Experience in engineering methodologies and Change Management
practices to translate business requirements into functional
- Extensive experience with applicable banking regulatory and
compliance policies, including knowledge of applicable laws, rules
- Experience communicating complex ideas, anticipating potential
objections and persuading others, often at senior levels, to adopt
a different point of view. What sets you apart:
- 5+years of experience with Bill Payments and Funds
- 5+ years of experience with Financial
- Understanding of money movement rails, ACH/Zelle/TCH/RTP.
- Experience working in a highly complex matrix environment.
- US military experience through military service or a military
spouse/domestic partner [optional] The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. What we offer: Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary
for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this
position is: $115,240 - $220,270. Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance
and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Benefits: At
USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAAjobs.com. Relocation assistance is not
available for this position. USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, Rock Hill , Full Stack Developer, Other , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...