Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Production SupervisorHuntsman's Advanced Materials Division is
now searching for a new Production Supervisor for our plant located
in Rock Hill, SC.As the Production Supervisor, you will:
- Assumes responsibility for organizing, directing, and
overseeing the correct and timely completion of the various
- Assures that processes are being completed according to
Company's standards and specifications.
- Responsible for efficient use of manpower and scheduling of OT
- Completes related paperwork and reports
- Maintains stock and purchases hoses, fittings, screens, and
filter parts for the facility.
- Adheres to the production schedule based on forecasts by Plant
- Maintains plant housekeeping program
- Ensures that established production procedures and instructions
are followed, deadlines are met, and quality and safety standards
- Keeps the Production Specialist informed of any significant
concerns and identifies problems and provides suggestions.
- Attends all necessary meetings as required.
- Supervises, councils, trains, and develops production operators
in the operation of production processes and waste-water
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, operational, and
- Performs incident investigations and entry of incident
information in EHS Insight database
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information in downtime
- Maintains accurate Paycom information for payroll
- Maintains processes at a designated rate to produce quality
products at standard cost.
- Maintains working knowledge of all active processes including
analytical methods and techniques.
- Maintains good working relationships and communications with
other shifts to promote continuity and efficient transfer of duties
- Conducts monthly supervisor meetings regarding safety, process,
and personnel problems.
- Submits routine work requests for process, wastewater, and
safety equipment repairs.
- Submits ideas that result in improved processing techniques,
equipment, and manpower utilization, and cost control.
- Implements PPED program for shift technicians to ensure proper
employee evaluation, disciplinary actions, and salary
- Keeps production records, maintains logbooks, and communicates
fully to all plant departments as required.
- Maintains overtime list and calls out operators or maintenance
to maintain uninterrupted production. Implements safety and
housekeeping programs on shift and submits incident reports as
- Maintains overall plant security.
- Maintains an atmosphere where a shift technician will freely
and willingly contribute ideas that result in improved safety,
production, and morale.
- Implements waste disposal standard procedures and ensures that
they are adhered to.
- May act as emergency coordinator when Emergency Action Plan or
Contingency Plan is implemented on off-shifts.
- Conducts critical item inspection on a weekly, monthly, or
- Assists in other areas as needed.Skills and experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or at least 5+ yrs
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience with increasing
responsibilities including supervisory or other leadership
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels
on a wide variety of topics necessary for supervising a shift.
- Strong safety history of promoting employee commitment,
participation, and adherence to company policies
- Excellent problem-solving and solid decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized and positive
- Ability to lead and be successful in a team environment.
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.Working
Conditions:Some job functions of the Production Supervisor may
require this person to be outside in all types of weather for
extended periods of time. Due to the chance of exposure to
hazardous chemicals, workers will be wearing protective equipment
including steel toed shoes, safety glasses, long sleeves,
respirator, and full protective gear.Huntsman offers unsurpassed
opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio
creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research
and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer
service - and the list goes on.Here, you can make an impact and
make a difference. Come join us.Huntsman is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified
applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status,
gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any
other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we
have facilities national or local.Please refer to
Company's Data Privacy and Protection information.All unsolicited
resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono
information or service.Huntsman is aware of a scam involving
fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until
after a candidate has submitted a job application and has
participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that
emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job
offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is
likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at
Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at
Keywords: Huntsman, Rock Hill , Production Supervisor, Professions , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!