Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Job Description:Set-up and operate turret lathe to perform a
variety of operations in machining parts from raw stock:
- Maintain a number of co-related dimensions between faces,
diameters, bores, and tapers.
- Maintain associated tools and make necessary adjustments to
- Interpret/follow drawings, instructions, and routings.
- Inspect work with micrometer, dial indicators, vernier calipers
or special gauges.
- Demonstrate care in chucking parts to prevent spring or
- Requires knowledge of properties of metal, cutting capacity of
all tools used, rigidity of fixtures or jigs.
- May be required to determine proper feeds and speeds.
- Operations include turning, facing, boring and drilling.
- Manual operations include rotating or indexing the turret,
loading and unloading -heavy work pieces, occasionally.
- Changing heavy chucks - select speeds, feeds, tooling,
operation sequence according to specification.
- Responsible for quality, detecting and reporting of defects
- Responsible for proper care of company tools, observation of
safety regulations, and correct reporting of time and
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in good working order and
maintaining a neat and orderly work area. Minimum Requirements: 1)
Requires a general knowledge of mechanical or electrical
principles.2) Ability to use average drawings and shop tools.3)
Must be able to plan and perform work which at times may be
difficult where only general operation methods are available.4)
Parts are heavy at times.5) Must be willing to work any shift and
over-time. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Rock Hill , VTL Operator, Professions , Union, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!