Modeling Analyst Lead (Remote)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Modeling Analyst Lead
for our Charlotte facility. This person may also work
remotely.Serves as a strategic partner in anticipating modeling
opportunities and developing solutions to drive business results.
Leads, motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams through the
problem resolution process, including creating models to produce
substantiated recommendations and reports in support of business
initiatives, efficiencies and potential strategies. This may
include modeling design, development, process and utilization of
sophisticated statistical modeling methods and tools. Considers
risks, competitiveness and business impact of requests and builds
models where evaluation of intangibles is required. Manages and
performs multiple complex and often unique work assignments and
problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and
navigates obstacles to deliver the work product. Drives and directs
quality work efforts. Accountable for achieving business objectives
and results; and has the authority to make business related
decisions.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Contributes to the development of a strong modeling analytics
team that works with key partners to design databases that meet
organizational needs using conceptual, logical, and difficult data
- Develops team reputation as highly skilled experts in the area
of predictive modeling; serves as a mentor to teammates.
- Regularly interacts with business partners to identify
opportunities for predictive analytics to drive business strategy
- Ability to deliver analytical insights to senior
- Leads the development, enhancement and implementation of
statistical and other quantitative models to support loss
prediction, assess member value, predict member behavior or
financial performance and other business applications.
- Manages and owns all aspects of the model development process
including managing relationship with the business customer: from
conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and
validation, implementation, business user training and
- Develops and provides subject matter expertise across team on
current and emerging predictive modeling techniques for various
areas within the financial services industry.
- Monitors and understands emerging technology that can affect
modeling and potential business risk.
- Researches new internal and external data sources
- Communicates technical subject matter clearly and concisely to
individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Coordinates with legal counsel to ensure regulatory compliance
regarding model design and the acquisition and usage of data for
segmentation and modeling purposes.
- Maintains sustainable model code and follows best practices for
collaboration and version control.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field; OR 4 years of
related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years related work experience in statistical model
development; OR If Advanced Degree, 6 years of experience in
statistical model development.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools and industry data
- Expert knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures
in SQL, SAS, R, BI tools, other analysis software or scripting
- Expert knowledge of a broad range modeling techniques
(Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees,
Neural Networks, Factor analysis, experimental design, hypothesis
- Demonstrated strong cross functional leadership ability and
capability to influence decision making at various levels of
- Comprehensive knowledge of related risk management framework
- Extensive experience in data analysis and story-telling, going
beyond the "what" to tell the "why" and "how" within data driven
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
required.When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience with Model Risk Management and model
- Experience with at least one or several of the following areas:
Economic Capital Models, Interest Rate Risk Management, Liquidity
Management, Forecasting and Planning, Stress Testing, Fixed Income
Analytics and Finance.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 -
$192,300*Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Rock Hill , Modeling Analyst Lead (Remote), Professions , Pineville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!