Posted on: May 16, 2022
Meyer Utility Structures, an Arcosa subsidiary, is looking for a
Cost Accountant for the plant located in Lancaster SC. The Cost
Accountant position will provide support to ensure product margins
are being reported correctly as well as monitoring and tracking the
inventory for raw materials and finished goods within the
manufacturing facility.What you'll do:
- Maintain material master records for all Purchased and
- Work closely with purchasing and planning.
- Analyze, track and update freight costs on all purchased
- Reconcile and analyzes Purchase Price and Manufacturing
- Work with controller on process improvements.
- Responsible for conducting quarterly costing reviews and cost
- Audit and tag Fixed Assets as necessary.
- Reconcile Petty Cash and Deposits.
- Reconcile and analyze expenses.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Key member of Physical Inventory.
- Assist with Accounts Payable vouchering.
- Create month end Journal Entries.
- Assists with special projects, as necessary.
- Maintain site information technology asset accountability and
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Plan budgets and prepare reports for multiple departments
within a company
- Analyze month-end and year-end reports to identify and
recommend cost-effective improvements
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or two years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Knowledge of SAP, Standard Costing, and Plant Labor Absorption
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
Meyer Utility Structures is an industry leader in the engineering
design and fabrication of concrete, lattice, and tubular steel
structures for transmission, distribution, and substation
applications. With over sixty years of innovative engineering and
manufacturing expertise, Meyer has helped to author and validate
many of today's transmission industry standards and
Keywords: Arcosa, Rock Hill , Cost Accountant, Professions , Lancaster, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!