Production Supervisor (Night Shift) - Molding
Company: IPEX Group of Companies
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionIPEX is one of the North American leading
providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to
shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and
energy.We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Shift
Supervisor!This role is based in our plant in Pineville, North
Carolina, and reports to the Production Manager, Molding.Do not
miss the opportunity to join a broad family of people-centric
professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in
spirit and status quo-fighters!Job SummaryThe Shift Supervisor will
ensure that the products manufactured are of the highest quality
while using the most cost effective methods. This position has
direct responsibility to handle plant floor activities in molding
and indirect responsibility for support departments. These
activities are to be conducted while ensuring and enhancing safety,
product quality, production output, housekeeping and cost control
to achieve plant goals. Principal Responsibilities
- Ensure that finished product is manufactured in compliance with
the Corporate Quality Control Manual and ISO procedures.
- Train employees and new hires in areas of Health & Safety,
Quality, and ISO procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement by providing suggestions
and participating in management meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare operating reports to summarize production, downtime,
scrap, and variance performance by machine and shift.
- Minimize raw material inventory and variance by optimizing the
use of regrind material, minimizing scrap rates, and minimizing
- Assist in the start-up and troubleshooting of process related
problems with production equipment, tooling and auxiliary
- Identify, report, and follow-up on maintenance related issues
by use of the work order system.
- Ensure the policies and practices of EH&S as related to
Aspect/Impact and Waste Stream Identification and Diversion are
maintained and adhered to daily.
- Participate in shift transition meetings daily to identify
variances and develop corrective actions.
- Maintain housekeeping and organization by conducting shift
tours and noting variances on the Management Operating System shift
- Conduct annual performance reviews for employees and provide
mentorship and counseling as required.
- Conduct monthly employee meetings in the area of Health, Safety
- Conduct Accident/Incident Investigations and implement
efficient corrective actions as assigned, arising from EH&S
- Ensure policies, procedures and work practices as outlined by
the HR Best Practices USA, the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and
EH&S/ISMS are always followed.RequirementsQualifications &
- 5+ years' relevant experience in manufacturing (molding) or two
year degree in Manufacturing Supervision curriculum.
- A proven record of accomplishment in a continuous improvement
manufacturing environment with ISO 9001.
- Knowledge of injection molding including process, raw
materials, tooling, and equipment.
- Excellent leadership/management, written & verbal
communication, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- A solid understanding of computers using word processing and
spreadsheetsIPEX is committed to providing accommodations for
people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and,
upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide
suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the
applicants accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation
requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of
the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation,
please contact HR at HR@ipexna.com
Keywords: IPEX Group of Companies, Rock Hill , Production Supervisor (Night Shift) - Molding, Professions , Pineville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!