Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and complete rebuilds
of all types of furnaces and shot blast equipment in the Heat Treat
- Maintain and rebuild oil pumps and heat exchangers associated
with quenching systems in heat treat.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on furnaces,
quench oil systems; hoist and heat treat auxiliary equipment.
- Install and change the layout and setup of machines, hoist
systems and mechanical equipment.
- Plan and perform a wide range of general building maintenance
and construction operations following recognized methods and
- Keep the machine and equipment in efficient operating
- Perform duties such as dismantling, moving crating and/or
uncrating, and installing machines, conveyors, hoists and tracks
and other equipment.
- Use various machine rigging equipment to aid in moving machines
- Use wrenches, hammers, drills, power saws, and other
miscellaneous hand and power tools in erecting, dismantling or
crating machines, installing new or replacement parts or for
general building maintenance and construction work.
- Must have basic knowledge of Arc, Mig, Tig welding, and
- Must be able to use a cutting torch efficiently.
- Use measuring devices such as squares, micrometers, calipers,
levels and plumb bobs in erecting machine foundations, in
installing the machines and equipment in correct position.
- Rig, move, install and repair large, complicated equipment
requiring extreme accuracy to align properly.
- Work from prints and drawings and specifications furnished by
equipment manufacturer or by the Engineering Department.
- Work as directed by maintenance supervision.
- Work in all areas of plant to perform mechanical work on
machine tools, furnaces, plant auxiliary equipment and the general
- Perform fabrication including welding, metal working and pipe
fitting. Minimum Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or other mechanical
repair field, or equivalent military training, or equivalent of 2
years of work experience in millwright or associated field.
- Willingness to work any shift or department and perform
mechanical maintenance on furnaces, carburizers, machine tools and
other heat treating equipment.
- Ability to use shop math, read blueprints and drawings, and use
precision measuring tools.
- Ability to perform fabrication of welded metal and pipe
- Requires heavy lifting, work in confined/enclosed spaces and
- Willing to work over-time.All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: The Timken Company, Rock Hill , Millwright A, Professions , Union, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!