Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Carolina Bearing Repair Service Center, a division of Timken
Power Systems, is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to
support operations for the Union, SC site. This is a
senior/advanced operative position responsible for providing
advanced expertise in the area of maintenance. This position
supports both production and quality by ensuring the efficient
operation of all machinery and mechanical equipment throughout the
plant. Responsibilities include performing routine and preventive
maintenance throughout the building and property including (but not
limited to) mechanical, hydraulics, welding, plumbing, and
electrical. Associate must possess the ability to work as a team
member in order to ensure that safety, production, and quality
goals are met on time. This is a Day shift, Monday-Thursday
position with very little weekend work. Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of Industrial maintenance experience Duties
- Coordinate and oversee outside contractors when needed to
provide service at CSC.
- Ability to obtain quotes on spare parts and materials needed to
support maintenance activities.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate hand tools as well as
manual machine shop equipment.
- Good communication skills to effectively communicate with
management, associates and vendors - verbally and written.
- The use of a man lift, forklift and other industrial
- Perform various preventive maintenance throughout the plant and
oversee our PM program.
- Ability to work within our system to log and track reactive
work orders and manage key spare parts.
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints.
- Ability to use various gauges (dial indicators, mics,
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to manage and oversee small projects - CAPEX, machine
runoffs, equipment moves, etc. All qualified applicants shall be
treated equally according to their individual qualifications,
abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will
be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race,
religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Rock Hill , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Union, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!