SC Tech 3 - Roll Grinder Operator
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Carolina Bearing Repair Service Center, a division of Timken
Power Systems, is currently seeking a Service Center Technician 3 -
Roll Grinder Operator to support operations for the Union, SC site.
This is an upper level operative position that is responsible for
machining, grinding, inspection, welding, and gauge setup at the
Carolina Service Center. This is a Day shift, Monday-Thursday
position with very little weekend work. Essential
- Operate a CNC grinding machine as well as appropriately measure
and gauge bearing components to very tight tolerances.
- Be cross-trained on other manual grinding machines.
- Ability to set up gauges used for gauging process.
- Performing preventive maintenance on area assets and is
accountable for the quality of product produced and for schedule
- May be cross-trained and asked to be responsible for the
- Build Up - Performing final build up/inspection of tapered
roller bearings and determining the final space size requirements
for the bearing's lateral clearance.
- Final Inspection - Measuring critical dimensions on a wide
range of products and recording information for internal and
- Grinding - Setting up and operating various types of precision
- VTL - Setting up and operating a CNC vertical turning
- Welding - Operating a TIG welder to weld the assembly of
finished product. Unique welding processes exist for two types of
cages: pin-type and stamped-steel. Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to operate industrial hand tools
- Ability to operate powered industrial trucks
- Ability to read blueprints
- Gauging with micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Grinding, machining and welding education and/ or
- Advanced gauging (e.g., CMM, CPG, etc.)
- Quality systems awareness
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Good attention to detail
- Basic computer skills Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Machinist or grinding background is preferred. All qualified
applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Rock Hill , SC Tech 3 - Roll Grinder Operator, Professions , Union, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!